Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

yes, I know my reciept nomber but we (my attorney and I) have not recieved the reciept notice of my application (i-140 nor I-485) we know the case number from the checks which the immigration has cashed (the reciept number is there on the back side of the check) so I don't have any document which says I need finger print. now, can you let me know what is the phone number which I should call for setting appointment for my FP?

thank you so much

mnhrdc said:
1.You need your Passport,Driver License or acceptable PHOTO ID's
2.You need FP notice which will be mailed to you
3.If you have called CSC and they make appointment for you then ID's may be sufficient.

Not sure what do you mean case #
Reciept Notices are the Reciept#
If you know Reciept # then you or your attorney must have these copies.

Original reciept of I-140 and I-485 is mailed to Attorneys.
They generally provide photo copies of the same and original 485 will be provided to you when you travel outside the country with AP.

Hope this clarifies.

both 140 and 485

Hi gurus,
I have a question on filing together. I got a sub labor from my friends company and that matches my qualification and exp. I was wondering as it is an old approved labor, is it okay to file for both at the same time or should I go for I 140 first?

Thanks in advance.

Whether you can apply for I-485 depends on whether your PD is current or not. As far as I know, with a labor substitution, you have a choice of using your own or the sub labor's PD. (PD = Priority Date, the date on which the labor certification application was filed)

In my opinion, if your PD is current, you should file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. You also get to file for EAD and Advanced Parole with I-485. Also, your 6 months clock on pending I-485 starts ticking as soon as you file I-485. After 6 months of filing I-485, you can change jobs without affecting the GC process - this is called job portability; also known as AC-21. There is a debate on whether you need I-140 approval in addition to the I-485 pending for 6 months or more condition or not. In any case, its good to have the I-485 filed as early as possible. In all probability I-140 approval will come in before I-485 is pending for 6 months.

HopeAlive said:
Whether you can apply for I-485 depends on whether your PD is current or not. As far as I know, with a labor substitution, you have a choice of using your own or the sub labor's PD. (PD = Priority Date, the date on which the labor certification application was filed)

In my opinion, if your PD is current, you should file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. You also get to file for EAD and Advanced Parole with I-485. Also, your 6 months clock on pending I-485 starts ticking as soon as you file I-485. After 6 months of filing I-485, you can change jobs without affecting the GC process - this is called job portability; also known as AC-21. There is a debate on whether you need I-140 approval in addition to the I-485 pending for 6 months or more condition or not. In any case, its good to have the I-485 filed as early as possible. In all probability I-140 approval will come in before I-485 is pending for 6 months.

180 Days from I-485 reciept date for AC21 is a must
I-140 approval is recommended so that no issues at later stages.
Eligible for EAD,AP,Take up secondary jobs,AC21 portabelity in similar kind of job anywhere in US.

Clearification

Hello Gurus
I got my labor approved last week. I am in the process of filing my 140&485. I work for a big company. Due to the company policy & confidentiality, my employer do not want provide any financial statements or tax returns to my attorney to file my 140. He's willing to give Annual report that's available to anyone from our website.

Question: The Annual Report is good enough to support my 140 petition?
Do I have any other alternatives? My lawyer told me that a letter from the employer would also be fine.

I would highely appreciate for any kind of help or suggestions.

Thanks

dude123 said:
Hello Gurus
I got my labor approved last week. I am in the process of filing my 140&485. I work for a big company. Due to the company policy & confidentiality, my employer do not want provide any financial statements or tax returns to my attorney to file my 140. He's willing to give Annual report that's available to anyone from our website.

Question: The Annual Report is good enough to support my 140 petition?
Do I have any other alternatives? My lawyer told me that a letter from the employer would also be fine.

I would highely appreciate for any kind of help or suggestions.

Thanks

If company has more than 100 employees CFO can give a letter
What they look is company viabelity to and abelity to pay
Attorneys know get the right draft letter from cfo.
If yours is big company i would not worry

Not required

Hi,
You need one of these;
1. You should have your H1 from this company and pay stubs
or
2. Company Income stmts
or
3. Company assets

Please check once again with others.

mnhrdc said:
If company has more than 100 employees CFO can give a letter
What they look is company viabelity to and abelity to pay
Attorneys know get the right draft letter from cfo.
If yours is big company i would not worry

I140/485 - Next Steps

Hello All,

Just got out of the PBEC mess...my PD is Nov 2002, EB2.

My lawyer is going to file both I140/485 concurrently..

Once filed, how much time should I expect for:

1: I140 approaval

2: EAD ( for my spouse)

3) I485 approval ( if there is thing like that)

thanks in advance..

CSC Concurrent NIW filing APPROVED!!!

RD Sept 29 2005.

NO RFE even though foreign credential eval was NOT submitted! :p

Transferred from CSC to TSC March 29, 2006.

LUDs : 6/24, 6/28 with no status change :confused:

APPROVED : June 29, 2006

:D :D :D