Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

mnhrdc said:
The story "Penny wise Pound Foolish"
Company Policy is to be Frugal

Morons didnt know about emails are free and immediately delivered to there desktops. They used to corrosponded between HR and Attorney by regular US snail mails and it took almost 3 weeks to get to the right one set of documents at attorneys place. The distance betwen these places is only 10min drive.

They were trying to make me believe that they cant use Fedex to send it to PO box . (Actually they wanted to save few $ in mail cost)

When i raised my concern in writing to HR what if snail mail doesnt reach the centre by 30th Sept and also sent them the link where Fedex addressed PO box is accepted. They finally sent it on 23rd by Fedex saying that they did a special favour and not to devulge to other fellow collegues (I-140 cases) whose were sent by snail mail.

Now i have crossed my fingers that there are not any Earth Quakes in California so that mail reaches well in time before 30th Sept.

You guessed right who was this HR immigrant woman from India

Man - that's shitty - I sincerely hope that your application gets in before 30th - did you take the tracking number? Try and get that to be absolutely sure - if there's anything you can do, there's only 3 more days to do it!

Good luck

How to track I-140

Hi,

How can I track the status of my I-140 application?
I live and work in California

EB3/RIR/southamerican_engineer
LC priority date: march 2003

Once I-140 approval arrives I will fill I-485 my question here is: does the employeer need to do anything on this I-485 request?

thx

eromero said:
Hi,

How can I track the status of my I-140 application?
I live and work in California

EB3/RIR/southamerican_engineer
LC priority date: march 2003

Once I-140 approval arrives I will fill I-485 my question here is: does the employeer need to do anything on this I-485 request?

thx
A job offer letter is required at this stage and also He should not withdraw/Layoff before 180 days are passed after fileing I-485. Later you may use AC21 for change of employers/location for similar kind of jobs (same o-net classification).

nother1inline said:
Man - that's shitty - I sincerely hope that your application gets in before 30th - did you take the tracking number? Try and get that to be absolutely sure - if there's anything you can do, there's only 3 more days to do it!

Good luck

Finally my papers made it just in time on Sep 26th

Still wac # are in snail from my attorney

mnhrdc said:
Finally my papers made it just in time on Sep 26th

Still wac # are in snail from my attorney
All the best for rest of the process. Now starts the seemingly endless wait game :) :)

Just to keep you folks informed that I have recd my Finger printing notice and is scheduled on 19th of Oct. Looks they are working fast compared to Black hole centre. Any thing to take care ??

mnhrdc said:
Just to keep you folks informed that I have recd my Finger printing notice and is scheduled on 19th of Oct. Looks they are working fast compared to Black hole centre. Any thing to take care ??
I got my finger printing done recently. I had the FP notice and a form of ID with me. However, I overheard someone on the next desk being asked for the EAD too.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is effect of retrogression in my case

My attorney has done concurrent filing of I 140 and I 485 along with I 765 for me and my family members on September 29th 2005. My case is EB2 and my PD is July 2002. I have also got my receipts and the receipt date is 09/29/05.
Can any one guess what would be the wait time for me to finally get the GC.

No Receipts Yet.

GP,

I filed 140/485 on 20th sep and reached there on 21st ( I have the Fedex sign proof), but still didn't get the receipt notice yet, any clue?

Is anybody still there in the same boat?

140 acknowledgement ?

hi all .. new to this thread ... Filed my 485/140 combined on 20th of september 05. received 485 WAC no and got fingerprinting done last week.
Do we receive any notification for i-140 ?

also my case i EB2 for 3 years begree and 5+ years experieance .. does anyone know about this kind of cases ? i heard they ask for 4 yr degree ..

thanks ...and all the best to all of us

I140 Approved

I got notified by my employer that my I140 was approved on 10/12. The I140 and I485 were concurrently filed on 6/29/05. I am yet to get a date for fingerprinting for the I485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky2005 said:
GP,

I filed 140/485 on 20th sep and reached there on 21st ( I have the Fedex sign proof), but still didn't get the receipt notice yet, any clue?

Is anybody still there in the same boat?

Reciept notice will be recieved by Attorney, please check with him.
Allow 2-4 weeks because of last minute rush happend due to cut off date.

Is there a Thread for October 2005 - I140 cases?

Is there a Thread for CA, October 2005 - I140 cases?

All these October guys are the biggest looser (includes me ;) ) will hang here for a while.

Shall I start a new one?

Thanks.

Below is the situation of one of my friend. Any expert opinion will be appreciated. His was a Labour Subst I140/I485 applied in Oct-04. RFEI140 on educational grounds in Jul-05. Response filed in Jul-05, Denied in same Month.MTR filed in Sep-05 with new educational evaluation, Subsequently Lawyer Filed new set of I140 & I485 , EAD as his 7 years were expired.Meanwhile his case has got transfered to AAO.
According to Lawyer he is out of status & cannot work till he gets his new EAD.

Is it true that even if some one's case is pending in AAO he or She cannot work but stay in the country.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Urgent !!!!! Please help

Urgent !!!! :confused:

Today I receive a letter from my lawyer's cc about file I140.

But I found a mistake on the cover letter. I asked "Adjustment of status", but in the cover letter said " I wish Consular Processing". I did not receive the I140 form. But I saw the Adjustment of status was checked in the draft form. So maybe have two kinds status:

1. Only cover letter is wrong, and I140 form is correct.
2. Both of the cover letter and I140 form are wrong.

If the first one is the case, What will CSC process? Will CSC based on the cover letter or the I140 form.

If the second one is the case, how can I correct the mistake? Just ask the lawyer to mail a correction or withdraw and refile. If I need to withdraw, does it affect the Labor Certificate?

Besides, does the receipt of I140 show the kind of process (Adjustment of status or Consular processing ?

Any of your information highly appreciated.

Thanks. :confused: :confused: :confused:

PM01 said:
Below is the situation of one of my friend. Any expert opinion will be appreciated. His was a Labour Subst I140/I485 applied in Oct-04. RFEI140 on educational grounds in Jul-05. Response filed in Jul-05, Denied in same Month.MTR filed in Sep-05 with new educational evaluation, Subsequently Lawyer Filed new set of I140 & I485 , EAD as his 7 years were expired.Meanwhile his case has got transfered to AAO.
According to Lawyer he is out of status & cannot work till he gets his new EAD.

Is it true that even if some one's case is pending in AAO he or She cannot work but stay in the country.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes it is true in fallowing conditions

1.If he was not in immigrant status
2.EAD was expired

Bottom line why they say to maintain H1 status is
When u use EAD to work you loose H1 status
When some thing like this happens I-485 deniel is linked to EAD/AP.
Since your friend is NOT in H1 status he is not elegible to work untill new EAD is obtained.
If he has H1 he must be able to work
However please verify with other Attorneys also

Richard_sjsv said:
Urgent !!!! :confused:

Today I receive a letter from my lawyer's cc about file I140.

But I found a mistake on the cover letter. I asked "Adjustment of status", but in the cover letter said " I wish Consular Processing". I did not receive the I140 form. But I saw the Adjustment of status was checked in the draft form. So maybe have two kinds status:

1. Only cover letter is wrong, and I140 form is correct.
2. Both of the cover letter and I140 form are wrong.

If the first one is the case, What will CSC process? Will CSC based on the cover letter or the I140 form.

If the second one is the case, how can I correct the mistake? Just ask the lawyer to mail a correction or withdraw and refile. If I need to withdraw, does it affect the Labor Certificate?

Besides, does the receipt of I140 show the kind of process (Adjustment of status or Consular processing ?

Any of your information highly appreciated.

Thanks. :confused: :confused: :confused:

1.Your lawer can allways amend the filing
2.You can allways withdraw and refile
3.No bearing of LC
4.I-140 does not have CP/AOS processing info
5.If CSC has consiedered for CP you dont get EAD/Advance parole
6.You must have copy of I-131/I-761 wAC no. if applied for AOS

Hope this helps and some other gurus may like to add

gc_sep05 said:
hi all .. new to this thread ... Filed my 485/140 combined on 20th of september 05. received 485 WAC no and got fingerprinting done last week.
Do we receive any notification for i-140 ?

also my case i EB2 for 3 years begree and 5+ years experieance .. does anyone know about this kind of cases ? i heard they ask for 4 yr degree ..

thanks ...and all the best to all of us

1. YOU don't receive any notification for I-140, but your employer does.
2. 3 yr degree is NOT accepted as equivalent to a US (4yr) Bachelors degree.

I thought EB2 is only for MS (or 4 yr BS + 5 yr exp)! And hence, I'm surprised that you filed an EB2 case w/ a 3 yr degree! What did your attorney tell you?!!

Well, Good Luck!!!