Concurrent Approval question

flipper

Registered Users (C)
All,
According to the USCIS email update, my 140 (filed in Jan 2004) has been approved on Oct 18th. 485s were filed in March 2004. Our (myself and spouse) fingerprints were completed on April 29, 2004 and received by USCIS on May 4, 2004 - the LUD for both our 485 apps is 5/4 and has not changed. Also, our name checks have been cleared according to the FBI.

Are our cases candidates for concurrent approval? (given that 140 and 485 were filed on different dates) I have seen an earlier approval (140 filed in Dec 2003 and 485 in Feb 2004) where both were approved on the same date.

Has anyone seen a pattern of how long it takes after 140 approval for 485 approvals (if it is to be deemed somewhat concurrent
:) )?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Send a fax to: To
FBI
Name Check Department
FAX: 202-324-3367

and include your email address. You should get a response via email.

srikann said:
how did you find out that your name checks were cleared ?

Thank you, flipper.
I believe the USCIS requests the name check from the FBI. Is this done as after FP results are received ? How do we know that USCIS has requested this before we fax FBI for the info....

Good question - not sure when they request it. However, it would not hurt to fax the FBI - worst case, they will say they have not received a request for you from USCIS.

srikann said:
Thank you, flipper.
I believe the USCIS requests the name check from the FBI. Is this done as after FP results are received ? How do we know that USCIS has requested this before we fax FBI for the info....

I have sent an email to 'fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov' to query on my name check. Did not receive anything yet, sent this email on Monday, 10/14/2004

So anyone have any ideas as to whether I can expect my 485 to be approved anytime soon (based on other approvals so far)? Am I a candidate for the so called 'concurrent approvals'? There has been no LUD update on the 485 (since FPs were received in May).

ss1123 said:
I have sent an email to 'fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov' to query on my name check. Did not receive anything yet, sent this email on Monday, 10/14/2004