Conclusion of Immigarion journey

mpotturi

Registered Users (C)
This forum has been of immense help to me and I thank all the participants. I have taken the oath today at Toledo, OH at 11:30am and that concludes my immgration journey. It was a regular affair without any complicated twists or turns. All they have asked for at the oath ceremony was the oath letter and the green card. Soon after that I went a post office and mailed out an application form for the US passport. Did not ask for any expedited service. The agent told me that it usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks. I have noticed that they say 4 to 6 weeks but most of my friends that applied just like me got theirs in 3 weeks or little over 3 weeks.

Congratulation!

Mpotturi,

Congratulation! And thanks you for sharing your experiences. I see you have put a lot of miles visiting the different immigration district offices in Ohio. I have followed your case very closely since I will be interviewing soon in Cleveland office.

Guti

mpotturi said:
This forum has been of immense help to me and I thank all the participants. I have taken the oath today at Toledo, OH at 11:30am and that concludes my immgration journey. It was a regular affair without any complicated twists or turns. All they have asked for at the oath ceremony was the oath letter and the green card. Soon after that I went a post office and mailed out an application form for the US passport. Did not ask for any expedited service. The agent told me that it usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks. I have noticed that they say 4 to 6 weeks but most of my friends that applied just like me got theirs in 3 weeks or little over 3 weeks.

Good job.
Congratulation!

mpotturi said:

Enjoy your Citizenship.
Congratulation. :)

mpotturi said:

mpotturi,

I'm so happy that you are now an American Citizen!!! I too, have followed your posts, as I also became a citizen in Ohio. (Columbus). Congratulations, and I wish you all the best for the future!!! :D

Thank you all

Guti, Suzy977, PG2006 and homeschoolmum - Thank you all. I wish you all a prosporous new chapter in you lives.