Concerned about CP Interview date

vermontcp

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I checked my status with NVC and they have sent my docs to Mumbai yesterday i.e 3rd dec. I am wondering ,is there any chance for me to get an interview in January (even end of January is fine!)?
Can I ask Mumbai to consider me for January interview if its getting pushed till Feb or at least request them to put an early Feb date?
I have some reasons to be back in USA in Jan end or early Feb (Its not a pregnancy situation as it is with soem other folks but more of a business issue ) but was kind fo wondering if Mumbai will accept my request..Any suggestions or ideas?

vermontcp:

To make it for the january interview your file would need to be in the consulate computer system in mid november. Hence it is more than likely a February interview.. assuming everything else is smooth.

On the same note there is no harm asking the consulate for a january interview.

nvc message

Hi Vermontcp,

From cptracker i saw that your case was
completed on 11/28 (in between thanks giving holiday) and sent to consulate on 12/03.
My case is also completed this week , and
wanted to know what the phone message says when case is sent to consulate.
Expecting it to be sent next week sometime.

Thanks

sai999:

Basically the message changes to "Your case has been completed and has been sent to the consulate or embassy (followed by the consulate name). Please contact the consulate for further instructions."

Above script is the almost verbatim message on NVC AVM.

kd1403,
I would like to know what kind of evidance they would need to consider my request?
As I told you earlier,there is no medical reasons,its purely a business/work releated issue.
Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

vermontcp:

I am trying to be realistic and would not want your hopes going high. I am not sure if you know 'kkulkar'. HE too had a similar situation like yours. His file was sent to bbay in last week of sept and he wanted november interview since he was the main person on his project @ work and his project is "going live" 12/16. He requested via phone calls, emails, faxes and also his managers at work tried to contact the consualte but in vain. Ultimately he got interview date 12/18.

What I am trying to get at is that your file has been mailed to consulate 12/3. By the time it is entered in the consulate system it will easily be 12/15 and much before then the Jan interview dates will have been finalized since they are geenrally done between 5th-10th of the month for next month. Also the consulate like to keep the file for a month for certain checks and balances before scheduling the interview...hence the 2.5 -3 month rule comes in the picture.

Now coming to your question....you can try talking to consulate via phone calls, email and have your business manager call with reason but i personally feel it is going to be difficult since there is not much time left. Definitely try all options...becoz this situation is "like a lottery if you play you can win, but if you dont you will never"

kd1403,
As I have mentioned in one of the postings that when I called consulate on 8thdec,they already had my packet entered in their system so I am assuming they had it by 5th dec or so. I also asked them to put a note that i am requesting a January intervierw. I called them yesterday (which was 11th aug their time) and asked regarding my case status. The lady told that the interviews are not scheduled yet and I should not call so frequently. I am little worried as some of the other folks in this forum have already got their interview dates.
Do you think I stand a chance for a jan interview?
If I don't see my name on the list published on 15th dec,do i still stand a chance? Can I call them again on Monday and request them for the above?

one other thing you can do

vermontcp

there is one other thing that you can do if you get a late feb date. I had done that

My interview date was nov 18th and i could not go at the time due to work reasons. I had called them and sent them a mail saying that i wanted to interview a week later and had got a reply that i can come any working day in november and actually went on nov 25th and there were no issue even though letter had a diff date....

they told me if i wanted to change month it will be after 2-2.5 months but if i come within the same month, i can come anyday.

so even if you get a feb interview, you can write them a mail and do it on any working day in early feb.

hope this helps.

Thanks

ashooash:

Excellent suggestion! I am sure you sharing your experience will definitely be helpful for the potential future cp candidates!

Thanks ashooash!
This info. really helps coz if I can get an early feb date that is also fine by me. Since you are mentioning that I can go any day in FEB ,that will solve my issue to a great extent!

Thanks you guys !

vermontcp

don't forget to write a mail to them and take the reponse with you, just in case ( though they never looked at it for me)

and you are most welcome. good luck!