Complicated cases!. I140 approval for CP or I140 done with other SCs.

TSRAJAR,

I called the NSC (NOT NVC) number to hear the AVM.

Any other cases similar to mine... Please post.

StillWaiting...

I am in the same boat as you all are, My I140 is approved for CP but I chose AOS.

PD : 02/15/00
RD : 07/25/01
ND : 09/04/01
FP : 02/05/02

I called NVC AVM and it gave the message that in July 01 Packet 3 is sent to my attorney and I should fill it up and send it to chennai consulate. Let me know if i should call NSC and enquire about the status of my I140.

ragdude123

What is your NSC AVM message says? I think they are processing around 7/26/01 RD cases, so you can call IIO and find the status of your case.. if you don’t want to talk to IIO then you can check with chennai consulate @ ChennaiIV@state.gov about the status of your I140… if Chennai says that they have your paper then you or your lawyer should make a request to get the papers back to NSC to expedite the process.

All best.

NSC AVm says that " On feb. 02 we recieved your FP and processing is resumed......". I talked to my attorney and she says it is upto to NSC to request my I140 papers and we cannot do it. Is this true !!!!

I would enquire @ chennai regarding my I140, so if the papers are still @ chennai, how long would the processing be delayed and how can we request them to send papers to NSC (like what info to give and so...).

Thanks.

a) First Check with IIO @ NSC and find out the exact status on your case. Ask them specifically about your I 140 approval papers.
b) You can also get an idea from IIO about what steps can be done from your end to get the papers back fast. (if the paper is in Chennai)

All the best.

Thanks TSRAJAR for info

I sent a mail to Chennai Consulate regarding my I140 and they replied back (pretty quickly) to me saying that INS-NSC requested my I140 papers and they transferred it to them.

Also will be calling NSC.

140 done at VSC

My 140 is done at VSC. Filed 485 at NSC.

My details:

RD: 7/10/01
ND: 8/22/01
FP : 1/17/02

Approval not in sight.

my case at VSC

I am a VSC filer. All along. Was just snooping on NSC thread
and thought will share my info .

My I-140 was also filed for CP. Lawyer never told me.
(Those guys moneysuckers)
Accidentally came to know during FP stage.
filed I-485 in october 2001 at VSC.
and talked to NVC recently. They told me
case transferred to Chennai.

emailed chennai. they replied within a day file
transferred to VSC in Apr. So probably VSC asked for the
files. Never called IIO, do you guys think i should call IIO
or leave it to fate? any opinions. I will check this forum again

Call at 8.00 AM

I also initially had the problem, if I call in afternoon
evening it goes to automated call only. Call during 8.00 AM
or 7.30 AM or immediately when they open. I called
aroung 8.00 AM and directly it went to the operator
and she was very friendly. asked 140 eac number and told
it has ben sent to chennai on so and so date.
they told call vsc or chennai to follow up
and NVC is out of picture.
a friend of mine told this trick to me

Talked to NVC

According to them my I140 was sent to India in March 2001. Also only INS NSC can request that file back!! Today I sent email to Indian embassy. I will keep everyone posted if I hear something back.

Hey 4thyrNSC,

Same response when I called NVC.

They said only INS can request the file back.

However, I've been reading here that someone did request Chennai Consulate to send the file to NSC.

Questions.

1. How to find contact (e-mail would be best) for the consulates in India (say Mumbai Consulate)?

2. Who should the e-mail be addressed to?

3. Is there specific format to request the same (i.e. I-140 details)?

StillWaiting...

Everyone

What is the emialid for Delhi Consulate regarding my I-140 file? Anyone here has any experience with Delhi Consulate? Please post your response. Thanks in advance.

4thyearnsc! Did you see TSJAR's approval?!!

See, TSJAR (spelling may not be correct) case is approved! He is with i140 CP and 485 was thru AOS. (But he is with NSC all the time.) This gives us some confidence, isn't it??

YLM_GUY

Yes. My I140 was done from VSC. Looks like things will go smoothly , if you are with same Service Center. Hope you guys will get your approval soon.

140-aos

I had requested chennai if my 140 is still with them through email.
they told it has been transferred to VSC. My 485 has since been approved.

CP to AOS

Guys ,
I have similar situation like you. I am VSC 485 filer. My I 140 is for CP at Mumbai then lawyer sent packet 3 to Mumbai Consulate. After that because of emmergency I had to cancel my interview and applied for AOS at VSC. At that time I already inform Mumbai consulate that I am going for AOS and asked them to cancel my interview.

Now my RD is April 26 ,2002. I would like to ask for your suggestion.
Should I be proactive and ask Mumbai consulate to send my 140 back to VSC now?? Or do you think only when VSC processes April 2002 cases sometime next year, At that time I should do this. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards