Complicated cases!. I140 approval for CP or I140 done with other SCs.

5thYearNSC

Registered Users (C)
It would be good idea to track these cases now as we confirming
that these cases are taking addition 4-6 months.
Add your details, all details here.
5thYearNSC I140 for CP, RD 12/19/200, FP 04/01 still waiting...

No Title

I-140 approved for CP, RD:11/24/00, ND:12/11/00, FP:3/20/01, IIO contact: case assigned to an officer on 2/4/02. End result: waiting.

My case Details

EB2 - RIR
RD - Sep 05th 2000
ND - Sep 21st 2000
FP - Feb 28th 2001
I have got my wife case also with the similar dates.
Case not yet assigned to an officer until last friday.
I140 approved for CP but went for I485(but didn\'t know at that time that I140 was approved for CP, checked only a few days back).

My details are as follow

My details are as follow:
RD: 09/2000
ND:10/2000
FP:05/2001
I-140 CP at CSC
AD: waiting

My details

140 approved for CP
Applied 485
RD : 12/23/2000
ND : 01/05/2001
PD : 12/1999
LIN : 01-071-*****
Case not assigned as of a month ago.

MY attorney applied for I 140 for AOS, but INS GOOFFED UP!!

Dear friends, I spoke to my attoney this morning and pointed out to him the contents on the approved I 140 issued by INS Nebraksa, he defends him self that while applying I 140 he asked for AOS in the petetion, to his surprise INS made a mistake and he says that is common with them. BUT INS APPROVED FOR CP AND SENT MY I 140 TO NVC & NVC SENT PACKET III, to my attorney last year, he sent them back stating that we have filed with INS NSC for I 485 . MY details are as follows:
EB2 India, NSC, Regular Labor

PD 12/28/98
RD 08/30/00 ( for I 485)
ND 09/21/00 ( for I 485)
LIN # 00-264-5XXXX

PL ADVISE ME WHAT SHOULD I DO, should I call NVC, or INS, or CONSULATE???

ramukesi, Call NVC ( 603 334 0700) first and ask then if NSC has asked your I140 file for processing

If I140 is gone to a Consulate, in your I suspect it is, NVC will
send a reply to NSC telling them that I140 is gone to Consulate\'
and the consulate address.

After receiving this NSC will send another letter to Consulate.]

Another problem here, NSC should send the letter within 2 years
to get the I140 file. Otherwise Consulate sends it back to NSC
and NSC archive such cases. If it is archi9ved, it will take
anither 4-6 months to get the archived I140 file.

Keep us updated!.

How about urs

Did you check with NVC and what did they say?. Has your I140 info been requested by INS, NE?. Please update.

Thanks.

arn123, in my case my I485 RD 12/19/2000 and EB3. NSC has not opened my case and NVC does not have a

Guys!!

Good News!!
I just talked to an NVC rep and she confirmed me that the files
I 140\'S that were approved for CP will no longer be transferred
to Chennai until they receive the confirmation from the attorney
or the applicant.. She said that its a new process that they
implemented recently due to the complications.
THIS IS GOOD NEWS...

I-140 sent to Chennai

EB2, India, ND: 2/6/01, FP: 7/24/01.

Checked with my attorney yesterday.

1. I-140 was indeed approved for CP (we had not asked for it) and sent to NVC according to I-140.
2. NVC sent a letter to attorney asking for clarification as to what type of processing (CP or 485-AOS) was needed 5/5/01 with response required in 30 days. Without response, NVC would automatically mail I-140 document to Chennai, according to their letter. Attorney replied 5/12/01 stating we were seeking AOS through NSC, well within 30 days.
3. My first EAD approved 5/9/01. AP approved about a week later.
4. Packet 3 arrived 7/01 with statement that my case has been sent to Chennai! NVC did not check to see if my attorney replied to their query! Attorney, as is normal, ignored the Packet 3.
5. Another letter came from NVC 9/01 referencing our "query" (we had not made any query, only replied to inform them that we wanted AOS through NSC in response to their letter seeking clarification). Also asked for us to file 485(!) which we had already done the beginning of the year. Also informed us (again) that my file is in Chennai!

The bottom line is that those of us in this boat will have to cool our heels some more. This is really frustrating, to say the least. Would this be something the AILA might be able to take up with the INS as this, I\'m certain, affects thousands of us? Your inputs appreciated.

My case details - Approved for CP - filed AOS

RD: 1/25/2001
ND: 2/20/2001
FP: 4/2001
EB-1
Waiting....

Immigration GURUS, pl share with me, who is GOOFING UP, attorneys or INS

Dear All I 485 waiters, could U please share your comments here, regarding our I 140 approved for CP, inspite we have not applied or requested for CP, here I see lots of cases, even me I have requested my attorney to go for AOS, for some reason it MY I 140 was approved for CP, my attorney blames INS, even if U mention for AOS, some times INS approves for CP, is that true. ??? pl share your comments, ULTIMATELY WHO EVER NEGLETS IN THEIR DUTIES, LIKE ATTORNEYS, OR INS, OR NVC/CONSULATES, ultimately the SUFFERERS ARE innocent people like us!!

Thanks , ramukesi

I agree that you are the ones who pay the price

I\'m an attorney so I guess I\'m biased but I\'ve also been posting on this board for more than 3 years and I fully understand your situations and concerns. My opinion is that most of these errors are due to a somewhat ambiguous I-140 form and INS errors. If an attorney fills in a foreign address on the I-140 form, INS often processes the case for CP.

Again, I guess I\'m biased but I to me the error is on INS\' end.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Hang in there, ramukesi. ...

This is really frustrating stuff. I had been in a funk since I learnt about the I-140 approved for CP & banished to Consulate last week. But today we have seen at least two such which have been processed succesfully. So I\'m certainly feeling more hopeful now. There are quite a few of us here who would love to get this whole thing over with. It\'s been over 5 years for me, 5thYearNSC and at least two others who I don\'t remember now. Hopefully in another couple of months we will see this thing through. God bless us all and give us strength.

Just a couple of days back I was talking to some people and one of them was telling me of his case - he is a contract employee and his client told him not to apply for his GC through the contract company because he would be hired directly once the job freeze was lifted at the client. Other departments in his company hired other people in about an year and a half but then his manager changed his job. The new manager brought other new people in but did not hire my friend. So now he has used up 2 full years on his H1. Another person was telling me that he has lost his job and his I-140 has not come through yet.

In view of all this ..., we have a job, can pay our rent/mortgage and our 485 is protected as it has been 6 months. So I\'m going to count my blessings.

Called US consulate

RD: 11,00

I\'m in the same boat. MY I140 petition was sent to US Consulate in Ankara by NSC. I never intended to apply for CP.

I called the US consulate in Ankara. They confirmed that my I140 petition is with them. They have not received any request from NSC or NVC to return my file. When I asked what if my lawyer send them the request they said that the request should come from NSC and they do not consider my lawyer request.