Complex situation - advice needed

parameshwara

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine applied for GC as her spouse's dependant.
While the application was still pending, they got divorced.
But her ex did not withdraw the GC petition that was filed for her.
Her employer also filed a GC petition for her. She got her 140 approval and her 485 also has been filed by her employer.
She came to know that the GC petition which was filed by her ex spouse has been approved.
Does this mean that the GC petition filed by her employer will be invalidated?
She is not in touch with her ex spouse and he also is not in contact with her.
She has no access whatsoever to the paperwork he filed on her behalf.
So, even though her GC through her ex spouse has been approved, she has no means of obtaining it - atleast no easy means of doing it.
What is her recourse now? Can she continue the GC petition filed by her employer and get her GC through them?
If someone can provide info about the options available to her I would greatly appreciate it.

So you are saying her GC Petition is approved without an interview?? if so call them and update the address with CIS so they can mail the GC directly to her address. Generally if one 485 is approved then will give you an option to withdraw the pending one, if you don't CIS will deny it any way on the basis of approved 485

Cheers

So you are saying her GC Petition is approved without an interview?? if so call them and update the address with CIS so they can mail the GC directly to her address.

If the divorce was final, then the GC was granted in error. At some point or another USCIS will find out, and they will take it away.

The best thing for her to do is find legal counsel, and notify USCIS. I'd hate for this to come up at her naturalization interview.