Complex issue - Need your input

krishna108

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have filed my I-485 and waiting for the approval from INS.My case was filed on July-2002 and hopefully should get it another 3-4 months.Also I got an offer from an Indian based company which has it's branch here in USA.Eventually if I accept the offerI may have to goto India to work whcih I pefer now.As I am closer to my GC is it OK to accept this offer?If I accept how can I complete my 485 process without any issue ?I will be paid in Indian currency as I am going to work in India.In that case how can I keep my GC active.
I would really appreciate if you revert back to me with some info.

Thanks

No, it is NOT ok to accept this offer. :( You cannot even argue using AC21 because it is not a job in your labor certification area and not even an equivalent job offer. If you get an RFE after you accept this offer, you might be in big trouble.

So, I would suggest you not accept this offer at least until you get your GC. You might be able to work in India temporarily after you get your GC, but I think you need permission to stay outside this country for more than 180 days. I am not sure about those details, but you may have to ask your attorney or look at other forums for such options.

Hope this helps.
7thYear

I completely agree.
I was also in same situation as yours. But, I did not accept the offer.
Also, you are very close with your approval.
If you are approved w/o RFE then, you are fine. But, if you get an RFE you will be screwed.
So, if they have an company here and the project is developed offshore tell them that you would manage the project onsite (from US) until you get your GC and then go back to India once you will have GC in hand. They may not agree for this but it is worth a try.