Completed medicals at Lilavati

MJ1

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
My wife and I completed medicals at Lilavati yesterday (Jan 03).
It was a very straightforward process and the staff was very courteous.
Points to note:
1. They ask you to be there by 7:30 am, but nobody shows up till 8:00am.
2. You need two passport style (not immigrant visa style) photos and your passport and appointment letter (original). No copies of passport are required.
3. Bring along all vaccination records to save yourself the trouble of taking vaccinations again. I had to take MMR and tetanus.
4. If you have not had chicken-pox when you were a kid, get yourself vaccinated in the US. They will give you the Varicella vaccine if you have not had it. It costs some Rs. 1300 and the staff there is reluctant to give it because it is so expensive. Your insurance in the US may cover it, so may make more sense to take it in the US.
5. Physical exam is very simple, no sweat, a few basic questions.
6. Urine sample is not taken, so load up on the drinks on the flight if you like.
7. Blood is screened only for HIV and family of diseases, no fasting is required on that day.
8. X-ray is taken to check for TB, nothing to worry about.
9. Take medicals before applying for PCC since RPO keeps passport and without pp, you cannot go for medicals.
I have applied for PCC from the Regional Passport Office in Pune, even though I have PCC from Indian consulate, just to be safe. That too is a simple process, though I don\'t yet know how long it will take.
Will keep you all posted on that.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Good luck to all.
MJ1

Thank you MJ1

I have not got my PCC yet and was wondering whether to go to India and apply at RPO. But your posting helps. Now I will apply after my medical test. All the best to you for the Interview.

AshishV

MJ1: Congrats on completing your medicals. Thanks for the info...

We\'re leaving for Mumbai on Jan 12. Both me and my wife have PCC from CGNY, which I guess should be fine. I should get my emp ltr today. I\'m working on my I-134. Best of Luck with your CP interview. Ours is on Jan 17. Medicals at Hinduja on Jan 15. Take care.

Thanks MJ1!

Hi MJ1,
Thanks for the detailed info about the medicals. I too have my medicals scheduled at Lilavalti on the 21st Jan. I only have a PCC from DC and will not have time to get PCC from the RPO. See if you can find out if that\'s ok. I still haven\'t recd my P4- my family in mumbai collected copies though.
Please keep us posted about your progress and good luck for the interview! Thanks again!