completed dallas interview

kmurali70

Registered Users (C)
had my interview today morning at 9.50 am in dallas.
io went thru my app and was done in 10 minutes.
asked me if i had any speeding tickets in the past. I had 5 in the last 12 years
but i started out with 1 which was back in 2005. he noted down as a correction on the n400 and didnt
ask about the others. I dont know why.
Asked me if i had used other name . Even though i had used nicknames for my utilities,credit cards but no govt docs in the past, i said no
as others had mentioned on this forum.
i would advise others on this forum to fill n400 as simple as possible without providing too many details.
May be that's why my name check was cleared so soon.
asked me 8 questions from the test..
congratulated me on my approval and said that my oath is scheduled on the 13th Aug 08.
for my wife, the other IO asked for her SS card and birth ceritificate, dont know why, her oath is also scheduled the same day.
thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
could some people be stuk in namecheck if they are from particular countries? like middleeastern countries or nearby culturally affiniated countries in south asia?

What is your Green card based on? I've heard all the questions are based on how you got your GC and if there is consistancy with way of obtaining the GC. For example if you are married with US citizen and still are married, Interview will be peace of cake or if it is based on employment and still working for the same company and so on.
IO will check all the facts before interview and of corse depend on interviewer too, liberal or red neck? open minded or prodigious?
How you have got your permenent residency and was it consistant on time of interview?

what is ur gc based on? why are you insisting on him telling u what his gc is based upon? what does it matter unless u got something to worry about?

What is your Green card based on? I've heard all the questions are based on how you got your GC and if there is consistancy with way of obtaining the GC. For example if you are married with US citizen and still are married, Interview will be peace of cake or if it is based on employment and still working for the same company and so on.
IO will check all the facts before interview and of corse depend on interviewer too, liberal or red neck? open minded or prodigious?
How you have got your permenent residency and was it consistant on time of interview?Just checking if that is really the case not checking your case,Just ytes or no answer will be suffecient.

there were no questions asked based on the gc. not a hint..
most of the uscis officers are very liberal and they are not redneck.
Pr was based on employment based and the questions asked were just general.

Congrats!

Two questions:

1. did you list your speeding tickets on your N-400 in the first place?
2. did the officer give you option when to have oath?

Thanks!

had my interview today morning at 9.50 am in dallas.
io went thru my app and was done in 10 minutes.
asked me if i had any speeding tickets in the past. I had 5 in the last 12 years
but i started out with 1 which was back in 2005. he noted down as a correction on the n400 and didnt
ask about the others. I dont know why.
Asked me if i had used other name . Even though i had used nicknames for my utilities,credit cards but no govt docs in the past, i said no
as others had mentioned on this forum.
i would advise others on this forum to fill n400 as simple as possible without providing too many details.
May be that's why my name check was cleared so soon.
asked me 8 questions from the test..
congratulated me on my approval and said that my oath is scheduled on the 13th Aug 08.
for my wife, the other IO asked for her SS card and birth ceritificate, dont know why, her oath is also scheduled the same day.
thanks all

Congrats!

Two questions:

1. did you list your speeding tickets on your N-400 in the first place?
2. did the officer give you option when to have oath?

Thanks!

i did not list any tickets..since they were less than 500$ and no dui.
he said there is a oath on 13th (wednesday), he said u can take it if u want,
i said yes !!!

Thanks for your reply!

Since you were there early in the morning, I'm surprised that they didn't offer you the same day oath. But waiting for a few more days isn't too bad.

i did not list any tickets..since they were less than 500$ and no dui.
he said there is a oath on 13th (wednesday), he said u can take it if u want,
i said yes !!!