Completed 2 months today after 2nd FP

mudasirahmed..
Ur caseII...Officer assigned case, FP2 not triggered automatically,
Officer reviews case, issues RFE, realises FP about to expire, so issues FP. FP Done and RFE received. Officer has to comeback to work on your case..so 1.5 mons from FP2 is somewhere now..
so anytime soon..
Good Luck..!

Add me to the list too..........
Got my 2nd FP done in late June and in August they've issued an RFE (havent yet recvd the notice so don't know what its about)...
And I'm an Oct 2001 RD........

Originally posted by dengdeng
Will get FP2

dengdeng:

for those of us who have responded RFE, and with an expired 1FP, when should we expect the notice for 2FP: 1.5 - 2.0 months? big thanks!!!!!!

dhw

Originally posted by mudasirahmed
What about my case guys ...

IND - PA EB2
RD : Nov 1 2001
FP1 : Feb 26 2002
RFE : April 28 2003
RFE Sent : May 22nd 2003
RFE Rcvd : May 29th 2003

2nd FP Jun 27 2003 (Received by BCIS) - online Message not changed.

AD : ??

Mudasirahmed:

My RFE respons was received by BCIS on July 24th, 2003, as per the Website. When should I expect to receive the notice for 2FP? When did you receive your 2FP notice? Did you go earlier? Did the message change from "Received your response to RFE..." to "On what date, a notice for FP has been mailed...."? Thanks for your clarification; it would really help me to manage my expectation and anxiety.

dhw

Did 2nd FP on 06/06/2003. Online updated on 06/11/2003.
Still heard nothing...

RD : 10/25/2001
ND :12/05/2001
FP : 01/25/2002
RFE : 10/25/2002

We're now safe to say

1) If you get 2nd FP immediately after your first FP expired, then your case is not assigned to an officer and approximately after two months VSC will adjudicate your case, either approval or RFE or Transfer.

2) If you get 2nd FP not immediately after your first FP expired,
then your case has been assigned to an officer and approximately in two months you'll get an approval.

3) If you get RFE, then 2nd FP, 2 months after 2nd FP issued, your case will be approved. If RFE and 2ndFP send out same time, then you can get RFE again or Transfer or approval.

4) If you don't hear anything, then your case is with an officer and still in the queue.

This speculation is for general cases, there may be discrepancies.

Dengdeng, Very good work rule you derived!!!

Where will you put my case? My Fp1 expired on 5/20/2003. I got Fp2 notice on 6/11 (issued on 6/4) and did 2nd FP on 6/14 (sch date 7/2).....

Has my case been assigned or not now? What do you think?

skaus2001
--------------------------------------
PD: 07/07/2000 EB2/IND/TX
RD: 12/19/2001
ND: 12/28/2001
EAC: 02 072 52XXX
FP1: 02/13/2002
FP2: 06/14/2003
AD ?????

Do you guys think that the online msg is getting updated after approvals for all ? Why I am asking this , I am observing the EAC#s between 02072-51000 & 52999 since quite some time and I donot see any recent approval updates , except few recent updates with 'Card ordered'.

Any thoughts?

skaus2001

skaus2001, I don't know. Since the date is very close to 5/20, I can't tell. But usually it should be issued in 5/20 week.

Also, since you moved, I would say expect a transfer possibility.
Many times they transfer such kind of cases to local.

Many Nov RD cases First FP Feb/02 were RFE or Transfer or approved recently. I scanned some Nov cases today.

Your case should be picked up by 8/4(6/4 + 2 months) if your case was assigned before.

Today I found a case approved on 6/11, but I have been scanning this case for a while. So don't be surprised
that your case were approved they never updated the case
nor did they send you notice. That happened to my H-1 case.
Approved for 2 months and they forgot to send me the notice.

I always worry that kind of scenario would happen on me again.
Without customer service, you have no way to let them check into this and have to waste months waiting.

Dengdeng

Hey DengDeng,
I never moved nor I changed employer during these years. Is Transfer/RFE just Random? Or BCIS has some basis to transfer/ or to send RFE.

I thought you are in TX. Anyway, if you never moved, probably you won't get tranfer. I thought you move to TX.

Maybe you'll get an approval soon! Sometimes website doesn't update.

Dengdeng, I am all along in Texas. My Case is in Vermont.

Anyways, do you know any approval for which the online msg never changed at all?

Yes, there're several ppl on this board received approval letters while online message remain same.

Skaus, do you work for GTE? why your case is in Vermont. Should be TSC?

I-485 should be filed in the service center where in the corresponding I-140 petition was filed & approved. My Company files everything in Vermont.

I think, The Service Center where Company can file I-140 depends on the location of the Company's Head/Registered office, & if it falls under the jurisdiction of that SC. My Company falls under the VSC jurisdiction.

IMPORTANT :- Question About Second FP...

RFE issued on 30 July 2003 for MEDICAL Exam and replied on 12th Aug03.

1st FP done 06 May 2002.

What are the chances for 2nd FP as 1st FP expired this month ??

How do you know??

Please advise.

thanks in advance

saini, if they pick up your case this week, then maybe officer will give you an exempt. You hardly have any chance to avoid 2nd FP, IMO.