company transfer to a different state

udacha6

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I've seen a lot of threads on this site about transfers to local offices related to AC21 or address changes and was wondering whether I will unavoidably belong to this category or not.
I originally filed my I-485 from Long Island, NY in 2002 but later that year my company closed LI office and transferred me to its headquarters in Chicago, Il. As a result my address and work locations hav changed, but company name, salary and responsibilties are still the same. My lawyer is positive that this shouldn't cause any complications or delays, but looking at what's going on on this forum I fell less and less convinced about it?
Does anyone have any different opinions?
I would appreciate your response even though I realize there are more important issues than mine that are currently being discussed.

ND 2/20/02
FP 4/11/02
two EADs, two APs (don't remember dates)

Hi udacha6

I am also in the same boat . I am working in connecticut and will be moved to chicago during Novemebr. My current unit is going to be closed and will be moved to Head office with same position and same salary.
When I enquired with my attorney, she mentioned that applying Ac-21 will avoid any issues. Hope you could also apply AC-21 besides your change of address notification to BCIS.

ND: 4/15/02
FP: 6/02/02

I am in the same boat as you. I have originally filed I-485 from MA and my company transfered me to Chicago (Same job description and salary). My lawer says that it is upto BCIS to decide to transfer my case to Chicago local office or finish processing at VSC. If they decide to transfer, my case will be delayed another 7-8 months (as Chicago local office has many backlog cases, I know one of my colleque's case transfered case from NSC to Chicago local, and took more that 1 1/2 years to get an interview from Chicago office). I am crossing my fingers and praying God that INS will not transfer my case to local.

RD : 1/22/02
ND : 2/12/02
FP : 5/6/02
Two EADs. Two APs.
AD : ??

Thanks.
Please let me if anything happens to your cases. Uncertainty is a lot of worse than knowing that I would have to wait for another year.

Hi Nagaraju,

Did you apply AC-21 after transferred to chicago?

Just wondering is there any way to find about your currnet status? that is, whether your case is in still Vermont or in chicago?

thanks.

Hi kandaa99,
I have not applied for AC21 bcoz it is same company I think ( my lawer did not tell me to do so).

Nagaraju