Company relocated me to another state. Will I be ok at CP interview

pleasehelp1

Registered Users (C)
will i have problems at the consular interview if i relocated from FL to CA, but stayed with the same employer all the time and kept the same job, (just transfered from one branch to another) ?

history:

I-140 approved for FL branch
I-824 filed in Jan2002 with TSC
I-485 filed in April 2002 with TSC, due to rumors about layoffs
RFE received on I-824, and response never sent in order to drop it
EOD and AP received
Relocated in November 2002 (more than 180 days from I-485)

Please help

Originally posted by pleasehelp1
will i have problems at the consular interview if i relocated from FL to CA, but stayed with the same employer all the time and kept the same job, (just transfered from one branch to another) ?

history:

I-140 approved for FL branch
I-824 filed in Jan2002 with TSC
I-485 filed in April 2002 with TSC, due to rumors about layoffs
RFE received on I-824, and response never sent in order to drop it
EOD and AP received
Relocated in November 2002 (more than 180 days from I-485)

Please help

I may not provide a complete answer, but give some info. which may be of help to you.

If you have the copy of the LC:

under Item: 7: Address where alien aill work:

**See what is filled here**

I believe, I repeat believe that for your petition to work at the new place, the following should have been written here:

XXXXXXXXXX ( your address in Florida )
and other unanticipated job sites in the US.

If it is not the case for you, speak with an Attorney to get the right opinion.

This information would be repeated in I-140 petition:

Under Item : Part 6 Basic Information about proposed employment:

Address where the person will work if different from address ij part 1: ( part 1 contains the name and address of the petitioner
( your company ):

XXXXXXXX ( may be Florida in your case )
and other unanticipated job sites in the US.

Look at this information and take the appropriate action.

Good Luck!!

in the case of CP, can one change jobs after 180 days is is the case of Adjustment of

Raju595

Thank you very much for your answer.

However, there is only FL address on my LC, the address of FL facility that's been closed, which was the reason why i was transfered here in CA.

But i guess my question is: in the case of CP, can one change jobs after 180 days is is the case of Adjustment of Status, which i already filed for, by filing I-485 ? If one can, then i should be fine because i didn't change the employer, i only changed location ?

Please Help...

Re: in the case of CP, can one change jobs after 180 days is is the case of Adjustment of

Originally posted by pleasehelp1
Raju595

Thank you very much for your answer.

However, there is only FL address on my LC, the address of FL facility that's been closed, which was the reason why i was transfered here in CA.

But i guess my question is: in the case of CP, can one change jobs after 180 days is is the case of Adjustment of Status, which i already filed for, by filing I-485 ? If one can, then i should be fine because i didn't change the employer, i only changed location ?

Please Help...

Your statement is confusing. I will try to break it down and answer where ever I can:

Your Labor was approved for Florida. I do not know the complete implication of this, considering your transfer to CA now.

In the case of CP, you do not enjoy AC21 or the portability. You are required to stay with the employer who has filed your petition till you get your Immigrant visa.

If you are saying that, you have withdrawn your case from that of a CP and filed for AOS, the AC 21 and portability apply, but that is not your concern now. The fact that your LC was for Florida location remains even for AOS.

Please seek some Attorney's help to find the exact solution !!