Company Name Change Update for IGTE/Mastech

shahenshah

Registered Users (C)
Folk,s
Just spoke to the IIO this morning.. I had high hopes because I found a posting on this chatboard about VSC starting to process company name changes.

The lady I spoke to said that the adjudication of the company name change cases are still on hold and they are waiting on clarifications from Washington on these. She also said that earlier they were sending out RFE\'s to the employers to file the amended I-140\'s, but right now they have stopped this because the new guidlines (to be issued by Washington) MAY make them redundant. She also informed me that the managerial staff at VSC have moved people away from processing I-140s and into processing I-485s. As a result of this, the turnaround times on amended I-140s are likely to increase. She also mentioned that even if an amended I-140 has been filed, it "cannot hurt anything" as of now.

Finally, she did not have any ballpark/estimate on when to expect the guidelines from Washington. So the bottomline is : hang in there guys, we\'ll all get there.

Sorry if I have dashed your hopes early this morning....just wanted to present an accurate picture on this chatboard

No Title

PD 12/96 RD 11/99 ND 12/99 FP 03/16/01
Same story here. Talk to IIO at 8am, said my application was on "Chargability Hold" because company names are different on I140 & I485. INS Vermont is waiting for regulations to process such cases. Told me to call back after one month.

No Title

Has anyone of those who have received I140 amendment notice called VSC to check if we can give them the EAC # and have our I485 application put in the ACTIVE status ?

No Title

I agree with you guys I got the same answer just few minutes back "Your case is on hold because of Company Name Change.....We are waiting for directions from HQ for these type of cases call back in four weeks"

We should write to HQ and to our Senators !!!! This is going out of control ...........

Sincerely
Hanuman

No Title

Don\'t you think it is better not to do it .....?.

Why gointo trouble when some xyz updates the records to someother status and a different EAC# if they are currently going to ignore the amended I140s and process the I485 as per the expected bloody stupid guidelines. If we call and update I am afraid it might take the case into a different \'Q\' and mayendup delaying it altogether even after the guidelines are issued ...I am going to just wait .....maybe that is the best in our situation

No Title

How are These VCS Assholes approving other cases when they don\'t have any guidelines from INS HQ Assholes

No Title

In the same boat. Spoke to a lady IIO. She was kind of nice and polite.
Explained to her that I did not change job, It was company name change/merger.

Asked her if amended I-140 would help. She put me on hold for a minute and came back and suggested that amended I-140 would help and once you get the reciept number for amended I-140 ask your attorney or you call back to activate the case giving the reciept number of amneded I-140.

No Title

Again one lady says Amended I140 does not matter ....another one says to activate with the new receipt number. What are we to do ?.

No Title

Let\'s ask the Legal Department or the lawyer check with the INS if giving them the EAC # of I140 amendment will help.

I haven\'t received my I140 receipt yet. But I will definitely communicate this with Wendy Rylott and Tripti Noorani once I get the receipt.

No Title

interpid, do you think legal dept bitches would help us. they are not working for us they are working for mastech or whatever it is now called

No Title

What other option do we have.

Either we contact VSC directly and give them the EAC # or have the lawyer\'s office do that for us.

Any other suggestion is welcome.

No Title

RFE issued for employment letter and paystubs.The company name changed after filing for I485 and we had filed for I140 amendment 3 months ago but did not hear any thing at this point if we send the employer letter and the notice of Amended I140 does it help and woul our case get approved.

No Title

I don\'t think calling lawyer\'s office will work. The reason for saying this is, I did it and legal dept got upset and they told personal manager and inturn they called me and I was told not to call directly the law office.

params