Company name change--still pending

CcatVSC

Registered Users (C)
CAlled IIO today about address change, and asked about my case status. She said it was on hold but now is pending. Do you know what is difference between \'hold\' and \'pending\'.
My detail: ND 1/2000, Amend I140 file: June/?/01. EB2.

No Title

I have the same experience with IIO. VSC 0598 PD 1199 RD. Case was on hold. Now they are saying "we are processing cases". No answer to the question "on hold or not". May be just a person to person terminology issue. Did you talk to a guy BTW?

No Title

I thought they removed \'HOLD\' on all cases. So I never called them to findout. By seeing these posts, I am getting doubt that may be they are still holding some cases. Can somebody explain this please? Do you think I need to call and findout about this.

thanks
rao

No Title

I think they only removed the hold for cases filed in 8/99, 9/99, maybe 10/99.
I haven\'t seen any case with hold removed that have a ND later than that.
I think it\'s just a matter of time before they get to cases with ND > 10/99 and remove
the hold.

Any comments ?

No Title

Cah,

VSC stopped issuing RFEs in feb\'01. That was the time when VSC was processing 8/99 and 9/99 cases. I think those are the cases that VSC is adjudicating right now. We will hopefully see more cases being removed off-hold filed later than 10/99. We should all see more and more approvals for 8/99 and 9/99 cases, and then moving on to 10/99 cases.
I call VSC every 2-3 weeks. Surprising i get thru in about 20 tries. I think the difference between a case being on HOLD and a case PENDING is that when a case is on hold, it in on the shelf. Its put in a separate queue and is not looked at till there is a change in file status. A pending case is ACTIVE and is sitting in an active queue, waiting for an officer to adjudicate on it.

Hope that helps.

No Title

mizra,

but from AC21orI140 \'s post, looks like his/her case with ND 1/00 is no longer
on hold, the IIO said they are proccesing...
can we infer that the case with 1/00 had the hold removed ?

No Title

What is the easiest way to get hold of IIO? I have been trying to get hold of one by pressing after hearing your case status. But the message says there is some kind of emergency and I can\'t talk to an IIO. I see lot of people we were able to talk to IIO this morning. Thanks in advance.

No Title

I called them yesterday. Also one thing for sure, they do keep a record if you call.

No Title

The 1/00 case in question here is that the IIO said that its "pending". That means that its not on HOLD any more. I called VSC on the 20 of June and the IIO told me that all the name change cases have been taken OFF HOLD.

My ND is 9/99. The IIO told me that its with an officer and is being looked at. The cases that are taken off hold (which is all) that are not being looked at by IIOs currently are PENDING. I think, thats the INS definition of "pending".

To answer another question, the best time to call INS is between 8-9am EST. Thats the time when I get thru more often.

No Title

ND 9/99, Hold removed last week. Not assigned to an officer as of Monday. I was restless and called again today, IIO said it is now assigned to an officer.