Company Name Change - IGTE/Mastech

shahenshah

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Just spoke to an IIO at VSC...

Once an amended I-140 has been approved, it is possible to replace the underlying I-140 petition on your I-485 with this newly approved (amended) I-140. Once this is done, VSC will remove the hold on the I-485 and adjudicate the case. ALso, she feels that once an amended I-140 has been filed, it should get approved within a month.

The above process was confirmed by my personal immigration lawyer earlier this morning. He seems to be of the opinion that IGTE/Mastech legal department should be instructing its lawyers to do this instead of us calling VSC.

No Title

Do we have to wait till the amended I140 gets approved ? I read on this forum that someone who received the receipt of I140(amendment) filing called the INS VSC and gave them the EAC# and his application status was changed to active.

No Title

Hi Shahenshah, What you say makes a lot of sense... Do you, however, fully understand what is meant by \'adjudicating the case\'. And if the case is being adjudicated how much time would that take? I have been told similar stuff, hence the question.

No Title

Good news. Lets hope LD will instruct our lawyers to release all the holds. They should send a list of all the amended I14o EAC#s with all other necessary info.

PS : Shahenshah, Could you please check your private mail please.