Registered Users (C)

I am a new member of this board and my heart goes out for those unlucky
people affected by the VSC hold on company name changes. I have been seeing
the frustration of many of you - since your cases have been put on hold for
Company Name changes. Seems to me that many of you have been calling and
writing to senators etc but seem to be getting no help from anywhere...I
have a suggestion.

From what I have understood after reading the various posts it looks like
the non issue of the new regulations is the bottle neck. Any help to speed this has to come from the top.

So here is the suggestion :

On the white house official website there is a number for the switch board - try calling on that number and ask specifically for a person who deals with immigration - and explain the situation to that person - mentioning how May 00 Cases are now being approved at VSC and that your cases have been put on hold for 5/6/7...months in the name of "New Regulation". Those of you who have contacted INS HQ and got conflicting info from them should mention the details of those calls. At the end pl stress that justice delayed is justice denied. If many people call I am sure it could have the desired effect.

Hope that helps.
Good Luck To All..

No Title

The Phone #s and the e-mail addresses are :

The White House Mailing Address

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

The White House Phone Numbers

SWITCHBOARD: 202-456-1414

FAX: 202-456-2461

White House E-Mail Addresses

President George W. Bush: president@whitehouse.gov
Vice President Dick Cheney: vice.president@whitehouse.gov
First Lady Laura Bush: first.lady@whitehouse.gov
Mrs. Lynne Cheney: mrs.cheney@whitehouse.gov

No Title

My suggestion is, why don\'t you guys file a pro-active I140 amendment or a redo instead of waiting till regulations or mobilizing the congressional laggards... When I talked to IIO few weeks ago, the IIO suggested that proactive filing of I140 actually speeds up this and will not make AOS applications subject to the regulations or the AC21 issue at all...

Since I am not affected yet with this, I haven\'t fully explored this and this just a suggestion from my end.. I have seen cases approved who had company name changed but they applied for a I140 amendment/redo...

Bhanu

No Title

Bhanu,
There are people from Igate whose 140 was refiled way back in 2000 but still nothing has happened - they are put on hold too_Our company has started refiling 140 for everyone but I am quite sure there will be a long queue now to get the 140 approval and a second wait for 485. In short- the company changed its name and We are the ones suffering...

No Title

I am sorry to hear that... you mean to say the filed I140 petition originally is on hold? then how does the refiling help? were there such cases that are approved? just curious. Also, I don\'t there will be a wait again for I485 as you will retain the ND even when a new I140 is filed.. I wish you all best of luck and a speedy approval..

Bhanu

No Title

Well, There are a lot of cases where an amended I-140 has been approved and the cases are still put on hold, mine was an example, until I got help from a Congressman\'s office. for more details, look at http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@@.ef2460b/11
So, there seems to be no real rhyme or reason, VSC is just behaving randomly. Maybe some officers are being more reasonable (and sensible????) than others....

No Title

Hi Vinod, Is there any reason why the congressman\'s office could pull it off while the several senators you tried failed? Did you give them a reason why your case should be processed on priority?