Company name change approval pattern

cool_bandha

Registered Users (C)
Looks like most recent cases approved by VSC wrt company name change
is for applicants who have recd rfe for employment letter (before the hold)
There are a few exceptions to the above rule but the majority of recent approvals
recd a rfe before ( I am only talking of the company name change cases who were
on hold)

I am just guessing here but does anyone else think this is possible.

No Title

Yes thats true..with the approval pattern.If one hasnt recvd such an RFE,its very much likely they are getting one RFE for employment letter.

No Title

Your observation is quite logical but I think I am exception as I did receive RFE for EMPL LTR before hold but still NO APPROVAL yet !!!!!!
ND Sept 99

Help me GOD
Praying
Hanuman

No Title

This is a new area. AC21 effects on Company name changes, I mean. So we are defenitely going to see different officers using different methods to process these cases atleast for some time.I think the question is which part of AC21 should be used to deal with such cases. The guideline itself is silent on Company name change effect on I-140. So there are many scenarios

1) Guidelines say new H-1 is not needed in case of company name change situation. Some officers might use that and extend it to I-140. In that case no RFE is required and case is approvable as such. But there are only very few sound thinking officers at VSC(!) so we might see only few aprovals based on this yardstick.

2) Some officers might treat these cases as an extention of 180 day job change rule. So if 180 days has passed since I-485 receipt they might issue RFE for new emploment letter (if one is not already issued) and process these cases just like job change cases. I guess that is what happened to some of us who are now seeing RFE.

3) Some might take the extreme view that since guideline is silent on company name changes, new amended I-140 is needed and issue RFE for that if one is already not in VSC system. So we might see few RFEs for amended I-140.

Ofcourse people with approved amended I-140 should see approval without further wait. But these officers are not well educated and perfectly capable of confusing issues and issuing an RFE for new employment letter etc. That will be some very unfortunate ones like sri.

It is best for us to wait and seesome pattern evolving here.It might take time (at least until final regulation). Until then we will see all kind of patterns. That is my guess.

No Title

vsc9909,

I agree with you, except number 3), we have seen that all amemded 140 filed in the month of May never got receipt notices, which indicates that VSC is not using the amemded 140 as a basis for approval, we have lot of cases with amemded 140 filed getting approved without 140 receipt notice/approval.
Looks like VSC is uniformely not processing amended 140\'s for company name changes.

No Title

We never got receipt because VSC is not opening their mails (Or only opening the based on some priority they assigned.Looks like EAD & H1 are getting notices without much wait. 485 and 140 is struck). So the unfortunate ones without amended I-140 reciept are seeing RFE now.

No Title

I guess we can all agree that with VSC you never know.
I know of people with very complicated cases getting approval
on or ahead of schedule and people with very straight forward
cases getting harassed for no rhyme or reason

VSC used to be really good (I mean in comparison with the other
service centres) when I started my GC process. Now its ruthless
and inefficient and unfair. No one is interested in fixing the problems
at VSC

No Title

Guys we all are sick and tired of hearing BS @ VSC so please post some GOOD NEWS or INTERESTING OBSERVTION regarding LIGHT @ THE END OF THE TUNNELE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Sick
Hanuman

No Title

Mine is a exception as I recieved 2 RFE\'S. One in dec 00 for ammended I-140 and after that got approved on June 28th, They generated a second RFE on july 2nd. I am not sure when VSC is coming out hibernation to mail it.