Company Name Change: 140 Amendment

MercyGrace

Registered Users (C)
Hi:
My company changed its company name after my 140 was approved and my filing for 485. However, the tax id is the same and has NOT changed. My attorney says that an amendment is NOT required for my 140 as the Tax Id has not changed. Only a letter has to be sent to the INS.
Is this true? Has any one got an RFE for 140 during 485 due company name change but the company\'s tax id NOT changing?

Thank you in advance

Mine was approved...

My company name also changed after my I140 approval. I was one of those "little unlucky" guys who got RFE (as a random basis i guess, becuase my case was simple, straight forward .. no jumps from company to company, have been working with the same company many years, paid taxes etc.). The first RFE was for paystubs. When my company produced them they attached a letter stating the company name change and other details like my position etc has not been changed blah..blah..but after a month or two I again got the 2nd RFE for company name change..my lawyer said he had sent the reply for the same in the 1st RFE but I doubt it. He might have missed it and hence the 2nd RFE. After he replied I got my approval.
Bottom line is no need to worry...you WILL get your approval. My friend (lot of my friends) who work for the same company got his(their) approval(s) without any RFE. Like i said mine was picked up in random basis. DONOT WORRY. Hope this helps. ALL THE BEST.

Hi Picachu

Did you got a new WAC# for ammended I 140, and aslo how long it took for your approval after replying to RFE ,I appreciate your reply.

Thanks Picachu

Thanks Picachu.

Congratulations on your approval. Along with the others, I am also looking forward to receiving my approval.