Company Merger to form a new company with a new name .. please help

iamyoohoo

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just heard today that my company is about to merge with another company to form a new company. The new company will have a new name (not known yet) and will be the successor of interest of both the companies in terms of assets, liabilities etc. The CEO of my current company will be the CEO of the new company.

There would be no change however in my roles and responsibilities. The India Company (where I was originally hired) will also be intact without any changes. I dont know if it matters but my current company is much bigger than the other company that we are merging with and everything is being centralized where we are currently.

I was wondering if this has any effect on my approved L1 visa or my pending I-140/I-485 applications with the USCIS as the company will be under a new name. Do we need to send the USCIS anything to update them or amend any pending application (I140 or 485)on this happening and are there any other implications on my status. It hasnt been 180 days after my filing and 140/485 were filed concurrently.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...