Company is not planning to exetend H1 because applied for EAD -Jim Mills and other gurus please advi

jsj123

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I have applied for I 485 along with EAD and AP in mid April. Now my H1 is expiring in August. When I contacted my company\'s immigration dept they are saying that I don\'t need to apply for H1 extension as I will get my EAD before my H1 expires. I know this is ok but not the safest condition. Can anybody tell me good reasons to apply for H1 even if I get EAD so I can convince my company??? I badly need help.

Thanks and Regards

Just Relax

U are okay in that scenario.
Take it from someone who went thru the same situation (August to November 2001) especially during the tense period of last year.
Once the I-485 is filed before the H1/I-94 expires, you are okay.
Just ensure that you get to keep a copy of your I-485 receipt copy from the attorney coz INS will send it to them.
Good Luck and Take Care.

But guys here is the situation

Thanks for your reply but here is my worry. My I 140 was approved for CP and now I have applied for AOS. As per many postings here it could take more time than normal I 140. So my question is if my EAD expires can I extend my H1 again after EAD expires?? Does any body know how much time they give for EAD extension?? Please help

Thanks and Regards

Why are you worried?

If your EAD expires, simply renew it. Your company would be crazy to pay $1000 for your H-1B when they can pay $95 for an EAD.

I am only worried because H1 is for 3 years compare to EAD which is for just one year.

I am worried because on H1 I can be safe for 3 years by that time I am sure my 485 will be done. But for EAD I don\'t know how many time one can renew EAD. Is there any restriction for that??? As far as money concerns I certainly buy your point but I can pay from my pocket if it buys me more security.
Please reply

Thanks and Regards

EAD Renewal ...

EAD is valid for one year - there is currently (as far as I know) no limit on the number of times that an EAD can be renewed. Certain local INS offices (Boston is one example) will allow you to go in and apply for and get the card in the same day.