company is closing

pain is over

Registered Users (C)
Dear good-hearted friends,

Our cases have transferred to Newark about 7 months ago, since then nothing has happened. As you know there is no phone number to call and inquire the Newark cases.

This delay is causing some problems. The company where I work will be closed next month. I have to earn bread money for my dependents as a father. We all pay our bills and we have to earn some income. As far as I remember in the beginning I had to sign some papers for not to go unemployment in case of layoffs. Now I must prepare my self for this scary scenario.

I am asking your help for the below questions. I\'ll be grateful for any answer. God please help us.

1.Can I start working at another company?
2.What papers I should reapply?
3.If I change the company do I need a new H-1?
4.My EAD has expired 4 months ago. Does it cause a problem?
5.If it does, where should I send a new EAD application?

Some details: EB3, Country:Other, I485 RD August 99.

No Title

Find yourself a good immigration lawyer and consult
regarding getting a new job.

Since you departure of the company is not your
will therefore there should be no problem in your GC processing.

But I would find a good lawyer and be prepared.

Hope for the best.. and good luck.

-LJ

No Title

Dear Lovejesus,

I have a lawyer but mine works like a laundry machine. When I put
money in coin slot it works. When there is no money it does not, it stops even it forgets.
So I don\'t truss them and I have no extra money to waste.
Guys like you are more helpful and the information is more accurate.
Thank you for your advice.

Regards

No Title

May be you could use services of Rajiv Khanna (www.immigration.com) who is a very good immigration attorney. Here is some information about EAD:
- Download EAD form I-765 from here:
  http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm
- Follow the instructions and apply for EAD. In the mean time, if you have some years left on H1, get another job and get an H1 done. EAD may take longer to get. And convince the other company to help you get your 485 completed. They need not spend much money on it. Just ask them to give you the same designation as specified on labor certification. If you get an RFE or have to go for an interview, take an employement letter stating you are working in so and so position an earning so much and they are interested in continuing your employement for many years to come.