Company changing name (effect on I-485 ?)

gcexpress

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My company is changing its name from "A" to "B". "A" is reflected on all the USCIS documents including the i-485 application. However, the tax identification number will be the same as this is just a name change to better align the corporate identity of our parent company.
Do you think it is safe for my pending I-485 or should I start considering other options. My I-485 has been pending since May 2003. Theoratically I could use AC21 if it is advisable to look around.
Your time advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-GCExpress

I was about to post the same question, my company has also changed its name few days back no idea about tax# change. I am also wondering that how it is going to effect my pending I140 & I485.
I will appreciate any comments.

thanks

Let the company's lawyer handle it..

My company was acquired by another.. but I had my labor applied with the first company. However, my new company's lawyers sent INS letters specifying the acquisition details so that we didn't have to start the process all over.

Talk to your lawyer or your company's HR rep.

No need to inform CIS just change of company name

Hi!
I faced the same situation. My company changed name after my labor aprroval. At the time of filing I-140 & I-485 , our attorney expained CIS by enclosing change of name certificate and filed with new name.
During the process of our I-140 & I-485 again they changed.
When I contacted my attorney they told unless there is any change in the constitution like change in the partners, only just for name change
there is no worry and we need not inform CIS.
I think unless we need to answer any references, we can be silent.
But at the time of answering references we may have to explain CIS
and send name chage certificate.
Now my case got approved last month.
Hope this helps - Good luck
ARB123