Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

Details:

My 485 ND is feb-10 ( 02-108-****)
I got my FP done in march in SFO.
No RFE's till now.
Still working on H1

Questions:
1. Company is changing its law firm. Would i need to do anything to make sure that INS/BCIS (whatever) communicates the RFE to the new firm.

2. My H1 expires on March-25. My company said the new law firm files for an LCA 3 days ago. How long would it take before they get the renewal papers signed from me and apply for renewal.
What is this the normal procedure for H1 renewal? Am i safe if my application is postdated before March-25?
( I would like to continue on H1 till i get approved )

Thanks in advance for all your help
GC-PAX

this happened to me

My company changed lawyers and the new law firm took care of all the communication with INS. The old law firm just sent me a letter saying my file has been transferred. My fist H1 expired sep 30 and the renewal application was recd by INS on sep 25.

As long as INS receives your H1 renewal before the expration date, you are in legal status. Travel on H1 will not be possible till you get the approval notice (since you want to work on H1.

How does pending 485-H1 renewal go??

My H1 is expiring too in a few months time and 485 application pending with Ins. When I asked my lawyer about my H1 renewal he said

"Since you have an EAD ASC will not extend your H-1B since it is not necessary for work authorization. "

Question .. Does H1 renewal really matter if we have our 485 application pending ??

no need

Let me change what i said earlier - as long as 485 is pending you are in legal status - with or without a H1.

H1 extension is usually filed as a back up (in case ur 485 is denied).

If you do not use the EAD that was issued, then you will need a H1.

Thanks for you replies Isamp & saching_usa.
Isamp, in my case i am filing for the H1 renewal as a backup and i dont plan to use my EAD as long as the H1 is valid.
Given this, am i safe applying for my renewal now?

Thanks in advance