Company Change Of Address To Different City

m-t-r102005

Registered Users (C)
Dear all, i am new in this forum, and i really need some input on my problem. i filed my EB3 I485,I131,I765 on June 30th. It arrived USCIS NSC on 07/05/07. Today is 08/14/07, i still have not received any notice, neither my checked was cashed out. I just found out my employer sold the building and we have to move by this weekend. My employer decided to move to a different city which is at the border of where we are now. It's only 5 minutes away. We are now at El Segundo, CA and we are going to move to Los Angeles, CA. I told my lawyer about this problem, and seems like he has a very negative view about this issue. He said that my application will be effected because of the different city has different requirement on the labor cert.

PLEASE...anyone who knows more about USCIS, please tell me what can i do to not jeorpadizy my paperwork. i have come a long way to this stage.

PLEASE PLEASE...:(

THANKS

m-t-r102005,

A small division of my company also moved just 5 miles away but to different city and differnt county. My company head quarter did not change but we moved to differnt city whcihc falls in differnt county. Basically we moved from Fremont CA to San Jose CA.

When we moved my 140 was approved so my attorney told me as long as distance is commutable I should not worry. Recently they filed my 485 too.

I hope there should not be any issue with that. But every attorney is different.

PLEASE...anyone who knows more about USCIS, please tell me what can i do to not jeorpadizy my paperwork. i have come a long way to this stage.

THANKS

Since the move is within the commutable distance, its considered same labor market. Neither your H1 nor lpr process should be affected. If your's is an external lawyer (not a company's employee) and is not changing his address, your correspondences from USCIS shouldn't be affected either. And if you have I-140 approved, there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever. and finally, if you are changing residence too, do remember to file AR-11.

-A

Last edited by a moderator:
Reinforcing what someone else has already told.

If your with in commutable distance everything should be fine. My last company lawyer specified that is needed for making sure that it is same Labor market. However that requirement should not be an issue for you since you seem to have cleared Labor and I-140 stage. There should not be any need to retest market.

Search more on this board and there should have been more than one case with similar issues.

Dear all, i am new in this forum, and i really need some input on my problem. i filed my EB3 I485,I131,I765 on June 30th. It arrived USCIS NSC on 07/05/07. Today is 08/14/07, i still have not received any notice, neither my checked was cashed out. I just found out my employer sold the building and we have to move by this weekend. My employer decided to move to a different city which is at the border of where we are now. It's only 5 minutes away. We are now at El Segundo, CA and we are going to move to Los Angeles, CA. I told my lawyer about this problem, and seems like he has a very negative view about this issue. He said that my application will be effected because of the different city has different requirement on the labor cert.

PLEASE PLEASE...:(

THANKS

Thank you so much for all of your input. I feel a lot better now.:)

EB3/I485/I131/I765 - mailed on 6/30. Reached Nebraska 07/05. still no receipt, no check cashed...nada...:(