Company bought over - I 140 amendment?

i think it is the same form but lawyer provides the merger/acquisition details, check with your lawyer

Think before filing I-140 Amendment

Guys,

Think before filing I-140 Amendment.. If you follow thread you get 2 people experiences by filing I-140 Amendment .. One me in that ..

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=62868

So I would consult good lawyer like Murthy before filing I-140 Amendment. I didn't (i.e not consultaed lawyer like Murthy) do that before filing I-140 Amendment so I am suffering now .. May be for some people filing I-140 Amendment might have worked well but for me INS given wrong decesion after I-485 pending more than one year with I-140 Amendment.

In my case only simple company name chang but no Tax_d change.

My lawyer charged 800/- for filing I-140 Amendment. I guess may be my lawyer didn't communicated to INS regarding company name change so they might have denied because of lack of undestanding clearly.

I am going thru lot of tension so I suggest you guys consult lawyer like Murthy before filing I-140 Amendment..

I filed an amended I140 for Name change in Apr-02 and it got approved in May-03.

I was told by my lawyer that my I485 will not be approved untill my amended I140 is approved..

My suggestion consult a good lawyer...

your name changed happened when your case was only three months long, of course you have to file amendment, I'm talking about 180 days.

AC21 would be fine

I heard from FDBL it's fine to use AC21 for over 6 months into I-485 as your case. There are people gets into trouble for amendment, as BCIS screwed up.

check with your lawyer.

it's a pretty big law office

Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy PC
it's quite big law office. In fact, if you see those AILA meeting with BCIS district directors or congress hearing, their partner should up quite often as hoster or presenter.
they handle a lot of big company's case. but just treat as a source, they are not right all the time.

Conflicting Answers

My research on Murthy.com and other resources on the net gives me conflicting answers. One openion is "yes" one must file for I-140 amendment. Another Opinion is that the surviving company is a Successor-in-Interest and they will assume responsibility for the original I-140; thus no amendment is required.

My lawyer is of the second opinion. Is there a right (or wrong) answer here. Or this is one of the mystries of the INS.