Company bought; I-140 filed Feb. 14 2003 with labor subst.

ssh514

My company unit has been bought by another company. Deal is closing end of May 2003. My current company filed for my I-140 on Feb. 14, 2003. Job wise everything is staying the same: type, location etc. Just name change of company. How would this impact my Green card processing? Will it be just amendment or will it be start over? Let me know ASAP. Thanks a lot!!!

I've been through the same. The purchasing company has to prove that they are a successor in interest. The LC remains intact, but an I-140 ammendment is filed. Ammendment is a bit of a misleading term as there's no special ammendment pile at the BCIS. It's really a whole new I-140 with emphasis placed on the fact that the company was bought out. In my case, I already had an approved I-140 and had filed my I-485. My company was then purchased and I am still waiting for my I-140 "ammendment" to be processed. As of today, it's been 273 days in process.

Hope that helps. (although I'm sure it's not very reassuring)

Rav

ravioli_21_99, I am in the same situation as you

My company name changed but taxId same. My I-140 was approved with old company name. But I-485 filed wth new company name. Along with this we filed I-140 Amendment for company name change.

I-140 Amendment from VSC:
EB2 (MS)
ND: July, 15, 2002

Still waiting for approval .. very frustating..

Last edited by a moderator:
question I485 poratabilty

Hi Rav, Anamica

I will be in the same situation( maybe a month) as you both are in right now.

How does I485 portabilty apply in these cases. You both already had I140 approved with the old company name and 485 pending and also I140 amendment pending .

I guess you may have done some research in this area,so please post your ideas regarding this.

my situation
applied for I140 in Feb 2003 and I 485 in March 2003.

thanks,
SP29201

326 days

Hi rav, anamica.

In the same boat just that Ammendment I140 has been pending for 326 days and counting. any take on AC21 in such cases if 180 days have passed after the I485 receipt notice.

your thoughts are much appreciated. I guess mine is the only pending case from my company all else who have gone thru this have got their I140 approval.

earlier I140 approved.

thanks

Waqtwaqtkibaat: I asked my lawyer, he told 'Yes'

Waqtwaqtkibaat:
I asked my lawyer regarding AC21 in this situation. He said 'yes'.
Mine is Labour Substituation.

I-140 has approved using subtitutional labor in company A.During the spin off my division become company B.
In Company B we filed I-485 and completed 180 days.
Is it safe to change job now?Do i need to file I-140 Amendment