Company acquisition Impact on 485

footballfan_kb

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a I -140 approved for a EB-2 Application and am current. I am in the process of applying I -485 and heard news last week that my company has been sold to another company. There is still 2 months time frame before the merger related activity is completed. Should I speed up and apply I -485 immediately? What might be the problems/issue I might face from USCIS?

Thanks for any answers/responses in advance

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
you are fine

footballfan, you are fine.
Your attorney know what to do, your new attorney will send Successor in interest information along with new attorney information to USCIS. Although it is better to apply 485 before sale completion, in some cases both attorney work together and nothing changes only old attorney notify new attorney if there is any RFE etc and then new attorney send all paperwork, this happened to me few years back.

FYI: same thing is happening to me again last week I got same new about selling the division to new company will take about 2 month, my 485 was applied a week back and I-140 is still pending,

I hope we both are not with the same company, You are not in Colorado?

kgp

footballfan_kb said:
Hi,

I have a I -140 approved for a EB-2 Application and am current. I am in the process of applying I -485 and heard news last week that my company has been sold to another company. There is still 2 months time frame before the merger related activity is completed. Should I speed up and apply I -485 immediately? What might be the problems/issue I might face from USCIS?

Thanks for any answers/responses in advance

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi

KGP - No, we do not work in the same company. I work for a company in Midwest. I will keep in touch with you if I see any issues