Company acquired right after GC - any issue with naturalization

mxc

Registered Users (C)
I got my notice of I-485 approval around mid Feb 2005, had my interview and passport stamped on Feb 28, 2005. My GC is dated effective Feb 11, 2005. The company that sponsored my GC got acquired as of Mar 1, 2005. I am getting ready for applying for my citizenship. It is asking for 5 years of work history. I am putting down Mar 1, 2005 thru present for my current company and the start date with the previous company back in Aug 1999 thru 2/28/2005. Will this be a problem? Technically I have been working for the same company at the same location for over ten years but the acquisition happened right after my GC. I would like to if this is an issue.

TIA for the help.

I would think your employer should be able to produce an employment letter in which the fact of the acquisition & the fact of your Feb 11, 2005 - Mar 01, 2005 tenure with the predecessor organization would be mentioned and/or elaborated on.

I would think your employer should be able to produce an employment letter in which the fact of the acquisition & the fact of your Feb 11, 2005 - Mar 01, 2005 tenure with the predecessor organization would be mentioned and/or elaborated on.

This shouldnt be a problem at all. Remember USCIS does not hold you responsible for issues no have no control over. As said, all u need is evidence of your claim and then you are good to go.

Cheers!!!

Just curious:

mxc,

Were you working for the predecessor firm in H1-B status from 08/1999 through 02/11/2005?

Write it like this, so it shows you have been continuously employed in the same job for 10 years, but also put the explanation below:

Company XYZ Aug 1999 - present
(XYZ was acquired by ABC on March 1, 2005)

I had the same issue - my company was acquired shortly after I became a permanent resident.

I put two lines in my employment history:
GC date - acquisition date: employer name 1, address
acquisition date - present: employer name 2 (acquisition), same office address

I got asked "Do you still work for employer name 2?" on the interview and the question was related to the period between application filing date and interview date. The IO wanted to know if I changed jobs after filing N-400.