Company acquired - One Month after I-485 Receipt Date

footballfan_kb

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for I-485(Approved I-140) after waiting for a long time in Febraury. I found out last week that the company A I work for and the one that was sponsoring my Green card has been acquired. The new Company B will be assuming successor of interest responsibilities and the acquisition is expected to close in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

I am worried that my 485 will get approved with in 180 days. I know once 180 days pass I can use AC21 with the new company and get away without filing any additional paperwork. Does anyone know what one has to do if 485 seems to get approved with in 180 days or if USCIS issues a RFE within 180 days about employment letter or something similar?

Thanks

Someone please respond

I am looking for a response and I need to know the affect of acquisition on me soon. I will appreciate any response from a attorney or someone who was in the same situation or someone who has any knowledge about this. Thanks!

Hi,

I applied for I-485(Approved I-140) after waiting for a long time in Febraury. I found out last week that the company A I work for and the one that was sponsoring my Green card has been acquired. The new Company B will be assuming successor of interest responsibilities and the acquisition is expected to close in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

I am worried that my 485 will get approved with in 180 days. I know once 180 days pass I can use AC21 with the new company and get away without filing any additional paperwork. Does anyone know what one has to do if 485 seems to get approved with in 180 days or if USCIS issues a RFE within 180 days about employment letter or something similar?

Thanks
In worst case you may have to file the Successor in interest for amending the I-140 to show that new company has taken control of all immigration responsibilities. If possible delay your FP.

Hi number30,

Thanks for replying. I already had my fingerprinting early this week. I went and did that in the hope of maybe having I-485 approved before the finalization of merger next month. Someone told me that I might not have to amend my I140...I can just send successor of interest paperwork related to the merger and USCIS will continue to process my application as they would have with my old company. Do you know if this is true?

Thanks

This is true: "you do not have to amend I140...you can just send successor of interest paperwork related to the merger and USCIS will continue to process your application as they would have with old company.."

Hi number30,

Thanks for replying. I already had my fingerprinting early this week. I went and did that in the hope of maybe having I-485 approved before the finalization of merger next month. Someone told me that I might not have to amend my I140...I can just send successor of interest paperwork related to the merger and USCIS will continue to process my application as they would have with my old company. Do you know if this is true?

Thanks

Hi number30,

Thanks

Check with some one if the position was changed later