Coming on F1 and Marrying an USC

dnageena

Registered Users (C)
Hi There,
I got admission into an US College and got my F1 Visa as well. Now my parents have seen a bride for me who is an US Citizen. We are planning to marry as soon as I come to US on my F1 visa.

By doing that am i bending the rules?
Will there be any problem if I don't join the college and apply for my 485 after marriage?

Seeking your advice on this.

Thanks,
Nageena

dnageena said:
Hi There,
I got admission into an US College and got my F1 Visa as well. Now my parents have seen a bride for me who is an US Citizen. We are planning to marry as soon as I come to US on my F1 visa.

By doing that am i bending the rules?
Will there be any problem if I don't join the college and apply for my 485 after marriage?

Seeking your advice on this.

Thanks,
Nageena

As per your post i assume that you wish to enter US on F-1, marry a USC right away, apply for your GC after marriage and have no intention to continue your studies. This is considered immigration fraud because you informed USICS when you applied for F1 that your intention to enter US is only to study but you are planning to immigrate. At the POE, if the officer gets suspicious of your intent to immigrate, your entry to US would be denied and you would be sent back right away.

There wont be a problem if you dont continue your education, but there would definitely be a lot of questioning during the interview regarding your intentions. Cases like these would be seriously reviewed and your GC might be denied. So talk to a lawyer to understand the legal implications and find out the right way of doing this.

Good Luck to you!