Coming Interview in Columbus,OH

MasterArcht

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Well, finally, after a wait of two months, our interview is coming up! I will go for the interview with my wife in a few days in Columbus. I was wondering if anyone has had an experience at this office recently? When I went there for the fingerprints, they were pretty friendly. Hopefully, they will be like that this time as well.

We got our joint documents together: lease, bank statement, utility bills, credit card statement, and joint tax returns. Is there any other document that establishes our relationship that you would advise me to get? Anything that they particularly ask to see in the interview? Would they want to see any affidavits from our friends, etc.? I also plan to take postcards sent to us by our relatives with us..And of course, our photos and copies of emails we wrote to each other.

We do not intend to fill out any new I-864 affidavit of support-- neither my wife nor my cosponsor since we had submitted these along with my original application back in December. Is this safe? Hope it will be all right.

And finally, I would appreciate any advice you guys may have for me. I am already quite excited. Should I be prepared for some very specific, detailed questions in the interview, for example?

Thanks so much.

Hope you've read the InterviewFAQ and the interview experiences in the first post of Ari's AOS Interview Timeline thread? If not I'd reckon you do. Besides, don't forget to take with you sponsor's original BC and the latest W2, Tax transcripts (I think ppl suggest you carry last three year's tax transcripts) and sponsor's recent paystubs.

Btw, please share your timeline.

Good luck

I have a question for you

I assume that you are an American citizen? Did your wife enter on a visa or some other leagal means? I am an American citizen and have been married for 5 years to an Mexican immigrant who came here without inspection and we are in the process. We are schelduled for his fingerprints next week and are worried because the notice says to bring a valid photo ID. We have not been able to obtain a valid photo ID because of how he entered. I am just hoping that they will take his biometrics anyway. We are trying to do things the right way, but it is difficult. I realize that there is more red tape when you don't come the right way, but in his case (at at the time, that would have been impossible).

Any help would be benifical. :eek: