Columbus, Ohio Passport stamping

mbee

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone done stamping at Columbus office recently? I would appreciate if someone shares details on the days and timings they do the stamping.

I can go only next Friday. I really hope they do it on Fridays.

Thanks.

mbee,

I finished my stamping on April 14th. I think INS-Columbus does the stamping on every Friday and Monday. But for sure they don't do it on Wednesday.

When you go there, take your I-94 receipt,Passport, I-485 approval notice (courtesy copy is fine too), any EADs and APs, and 2 side pictures. They do the stamping usually between 1:00-3:00pm. I will recommend going around 1:30pm.

When you reach there, the guard will take all the papers, and will ask you to sit down for few minutes. Within few minutes somebody wil take your signature, fingureprint and stamp your passport. The process takes 10-15 min. The nice thing in Columbus is there's hardly any applicants in the office, so you get real fast service.

Remember: You will not get any of the papers back other than your passport. So if you need to make a copies of everything before you go there.

Good Luck!!

Hi GirishAK1
What is the stamping on your passport say? I recently went for stamping. In my passport it says "Processed for I-551Temporary Evidence of Lawful admission for permanent residence valid until 4-14-2004. Employment authorized.
Is this enogh for travelling outside US? I never see anybody's passport stamping before that is why I am asking.
Many Thanks.

Documents

GirishAk1, Thanks for sharing your experience. You mentioned that they won't return any document after stamping except the passport. Does that include I-94? What do we do without it when we leave US the next time?

1mimi: My stamping is same as yours. That's the only thing you need for the travel. Off course I will also carry the original or courtsey copy of the I-485 approval notice with me. In fact I am travelling to India on May 9th with the same

mbee: Yes, they will take all the I-94 too. Once you are a green card holder, you don't need any I-94. When you leave US the airlines and immigration officers knows the I 551 stamp.

GirishAK1
Thank you for the reply.
Have a nice trip to India. I am also leaving on 23rd of April to India.