Columbus Ohio Passport Stamping Experience

snshah

Any one with Columbus Ohio Passport Stamping Experience Please post here.

What are the documents needed.
Is it immigration type passport photograph just like we did for EAD or Normal passport photograph with straight face.
Can we go anytime or we have to go specific time.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I went down to Cinti as directed in the approval notice. Please see my earlier posting for stamping experience in Cincinnati.

No need to go to cincinati

I went to columbus.

The photographs are the same. U can go any day except wednesday.

Take ur i94,workpermits and approval form.

U can go at any time.It is always free. I went at 2 and came out at 2:30

If you are going to columbus, it is not any day. I and my friends have to visit lot of times. I 485 stamping is done only on Monday and friday at columbus. They changed to afternoon from the day I have been. So I have to make two trips. So better check what the current days they are stamping 485 at columbus. They are changing rules every now and then. When I went on friday morning, he informed me that from that day, they changed the timings of 485 stamping to afternoon between 1 and 3. So check and go...

Documents needed,
485 approval notice, passport, 2 ADIT style photographs(side face), Advance parole if any, EAD if any.

Columbus and Cinci stamping experience

Hi guys,
I agree with one of the earlier posts. Columbus is a little unpredictable. I went there last Friday in the morning. A lot a people had come for the special registration. The guard told me that the computers were down and I would not be able to get it stamped ( in additional he said that the timings for this were between 1 and 3).
Fortunately having dealt with the INS, I had a backup and I drove straight to Cinci ( Cincinnati). I got there by 10:30 and was out by 1:30. Here is a tip, the later you go, the less crowded it is!! If I had gone to Cinci by 1:30, I would have spent only five minutes for the whole thing...by that time there were only 5 or 6 people left. I was asked for Passport, I-94, EAD, Parole.
Another interesting thing, while I was on the highway to Cinci, my wife called me and informed me that she had just been approved (she checked online)!! Of course it would take a day or two to get the approval notice, so I did not turn back to get her. But to my surprise the officer who stamped my passport said that she could have done it for my wife too WITHOUT THE APPROVAL NOTICE ( by checking on the system, of course). I guess we shouldn't be surprised...THEY ARE CONSISTENTLY INCONSISTENT!!!
:confused:

Columbus and Cinci stamping experience

Hi guys,
I agree with one of the earlier posts. Columbus is a little unpredictable. I went there last Friday in the morning. A lot a people had come for the special registration. The guard told me that the computers were down and I would not be able to get it stamped ( in additional he said that the timings for this were between 1 and 3).
Fortunately having dealt with the INS, I had a backup and I drove straight to Cinci ( Cincinnati). I got there by 10:30 and was out by 1:30. Here is a tip, the later you go, the less crowded it is!! If I had gone to Cinci by 1:30, I would have spent only five minutes for the whole thing...by that time there were only 5 or 6 people left. I was asked for Passport, I-94, EAD, Parole.
Another interesting thing, while I was on the highway to Cinci, my wife called me and informed me that she had just been approved (she checked online)!! Of course it would take a day or two to get the approval notice, so I did not turn back to get her. But to my surprise the officer who stamped my passport said that she could have done it for my wife too WITHOUT THE APPROVAL NOTICE ( by checking on the system, of course). I guess we shouldn't be surprised...THEY ARE CONSISTENTLY INCONSISTENT!!!
:confused: