Columbus, OH Transfer

hopeful2003

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know if anybody is in the same boat as me.

Here is my background Info

485 RD - 09/25/01
ND - 10/29/01

FP - 09/10/02

Xfer to Cincinnati - 03/11/03

FP Expiry - 12/10/03 (if expiry 15 months)

Contacted local office and they said my case is there and will schedule an interview sometime. They will not let me know when will be the date or the time frame.

Anybody same as me?

Thanks
Hopeful2003

I'm in the same boat. My receipt date is 7/19/2001. FP 6/19/2002. Transferred to Cin, OH on 1/10/2003. Then they transferred to Columbus OH (no idea when ?). Last time when, I called they said, at Columbus it takes 10 months approx.... still waiting..

really amazing and shocking

This is really shocking for me....one of my friend's case was transferred on 02/11/03 and he got interviewed on 06/20/03 and he got his card (plastic) itself.

I thought the wait time is 6 to 7 months from the date of transfer. When did you check last time?.

I asked them on June 4th and they said my case was here and I will be getting the interview in couple of months....but when I asked them in mid July they said "you will be getting interview and you are in the queue and dont ask the time frame, we cannot say anything at this time".....what a good response?.

Normally they send the interview letter one month before the interview date....so if we are not getting the letter today we can assume that we will not be having the interview until september 18th....

Do you know the days when they conduct interviews?. I heard it is only on Thursdays and Fridays.....I'm not sure..

I went personally to INS Columbus in April. Lady there checked my case and told me that I should get interview in May or June. But I didn't. Then I called national number and someone told me that it takes 9 to 10 months in Columbus, OH. I am again planning to visit INS Columbus on this Friday. If you are a local columbus, let me know your phone or contact details. We will talk over phone. Thanks. Kirit999@hotmail.com

interview scheduled but unable to attend

Today (08/23/2003) we recieved a letter from Columbus local Office for the interview and it is scheduled on Sept 22nd.

We have a family emergency and have to leave by august end or sept first week. We have applied for AP and waiting for the same. If our AP comes then we may leave. I guess we will not be able to attend the interview.

Is there a way to reschedule the interview by going to local office and state the reason. Does anyone had rescheduled the interview? If so, how long will it take for them to again call for an interview?.

Any suggestions would be of great help to us.

Thanks
hopeful2003

Last edited by a moderator:
transfer reasons

It may be bacause at the time when immigration officer opens your case, you should be married more than 2 yrs (in case of marriage) i.e., if you are married just before applying your I-485 then they transfer your case to local office to make you come to the local office and prove that you and your wife live together (proof of joint insurance, apt lease, marriage certficate, photos, tax returns, etc etc).

In all the cases so far I have seen this was only the reason. I'm not aware of any other wierd cases.

-hopeful2003

I got married in 1990. I filed 485 in July, 2001. This is more than 10 years. Eventhough my case has been transferred to local.

My attorney also have no clue !!!!

Finally, I got a letter from BCIS that they have scheduled my interview in Sep. 2003.

Thanks,
Kirit