COLORED copy of ID req. in RFE.....PLEASE HELP GURUS

rs_mangat

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I need your help urgently. I received RFE for my wife (for AP & EAD both) that they need COLORED copy of her photo ID..passport or Driver's license.

I went to Kinkos but I was told that it’s against the copyright law to make a colored copy of an ID & its not legal.
It was written in the RFE that they want ONLY colored copy & not B&W.
Don't know what to do????????????

Anyone in the same boat before?......PLEASE HELP...I need to respond asap as her Visa is expiring....

THANKS in advance..

I had the same problem. Go to a different kinkos where you are allowed to do your own copy.Their policy is that they cant do it but we can do it using the self use copier they have.

I will do

rs_mangat said:
Hi all,
I need your help urgently. I received RFE for my wife (for AP & EAD both) that they need COLORED copy of her photo ID..passport or Driver's license.

I went to Kinkos but I was told that it’s against the copyright law to make a colored copy of an ID & its not legal.

Anyone in the same boat before?......PLEASE HELP...I need to respond asap as her Visa is expiring....

THANKS in advance..

It is not a big deal man go to walmart or best buy you can buy a color copier for $30.00 then take as many as copies and send it to them after all it is green crad!!!

Question on EAD renewal

I wonder if we need to send also married certification and
birth certification for EAD card renewal? I don't send them,
then would I likely get a ref?
Thanks.

same here

rs_mangat said:
Hi all,

THANKS in advance..
I had the same problem. My attorney asked for the colored copy, but the kinko does not even allow me to do it myself.

I have a 3-in-one copier/scanner/printer, it was so easy for me to make color copy myself: scan it in first, enlarge if necessary, then print it out using best quality (photo mode). They came out as good as any quality color printer!

To answer the question posted above, you may need a marriage certificate for your dependent spouse's EAD/AP, but birth certifcate not necessary. I did not enclose birth certifcate for my wife's application, and was approved without any problems.

Hey I also was told by KINKO the same.
But they told us that we can ourselves take the copy.
SO try asking that that I will myself take copy.
They will give you card for doing the same.

Thanks ALL for help,
I went to Office Max & made the copies myself. They just asked me how many pages?

Thanks again..

I had the same problem...

rs_mangat -

Although not for I-485 RFE, I had this problem when I got an RFE for ID upon applying for I-131 (Advance Parole). NSC asked for a "color" copy of my driver's license but since the guy at Kinko would not let me do it, I just sent NSC B&W copy of my driver's license (I made sure I used digital copiar to ensure I have a clear image of my ID). In about several weeks after I sent it, I got my I-131 approved w/o any problem.

It is ultimately up to you to do whatever you feel appropriate but am sure B&W copy would not be bad. Knowing NSC, I am sure it will ask you again if they are not satisfied with your information.

Japanese

Enlarge it ...

I had a similar problem. The shopkeeper told me that he wont do color copy of passport or ID. However, he suggested to enlarge the size (about 125%).

I did it as per his advise. It was a good clear color copy. USCIS has accepted it and approved our EAD.

Scan and Print

In my case, I scanned the pages that had photos - like first page of passport, driver's license etc, copied them into a word document and used a color printer at work. Quality of the prints was real good even though it was on ordinary paper. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Go to some Desi .. UPS store.. they will get it done. Some small places UPS store donot have this rule so called the 'color copy of ID can not be done '

Scan big

The law is that you cannot make identical copy.
I once had it done in office depot. The associate made bigger copy (line 110%)

Color Copies

I got the same RFE on mine and my wife's EAD. NSC asked for colored, slightly enlarged copies of the passport, and drivers license. My AP was approved without any RFE. It has been about 10 days after NSC received my RFE response and they have not yet approved my EAD.
Any idea how long does NSC take to process RFEs.....

Thanks