Colorado SESA

I am new to this forum......In the same waiting list for CO Labor (Filed by June 2001 in Regular). Ofcourse eagerly waiting and reading the threads here. It seems the regular processing is terribly struck. Can anybody tell, Is that advisable to transfer to RIR. I would appreciate an answer to this.

subbu03,

No, I don't think it is a good idea. CO SESA will most likely end April cases soon. It will take you more time to transfer to RIR, then to simply wait.

Hexamon,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I realize that converting to RIR at this stage will not be an intelligent decision. Hope, this April backlog would get clear in the near future!!.....Keeping the fingers crossed till it happen for sure!.

Yeah right. This is frustrating. Did anybody enquire DOL about the status of April 2001? sometime back I have read here that they are in the last phase of April 2001 ??????.

A bad news for you all.I emailed to Colorado SESA yesterday and got a response. They are HOPING to complete the initial review of APRIL '01 cases in april/may 03. Anyway initially they said Jan, then Feb and now its MAY. Even if they move out of April, with this pace they might take atleast 2 to 3(or 4) months to process each month's application.So I think who are in a dilemna to convert to RIR may go ahead, but only if they are sure of its approval in this market.

I wouldn't necessary jump into conclusions regarding processing time estimates based on statistical data... Take the example of CA, VA, NY... Its a well known fact that Apr '01 time period is just a sporadic hiccup which we will hopefully get over fairly soon.. It is incorrect to estimate that each month's applications will take 2/3 months to process.

Having said so, YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE FOR YOUR CASE...

ltk,

April01 is a special case. It is the time of 245(i) cases. These cases were filed (mostly) by incompetent appicants (I've heard, most cases does not even have enough data or proper wording to let them start the AD campaign). Plus, the number of applications was about 8-9 times the usual. This accounts for almost a year needed to process these cases.

If you look at the LC processing time archives, Colorado SESA was quite good before April01, usually progressing with roughly one month per month speed. Hopefully, this will hold after April01 cases are done.

In addition to all this, number of cases submitted in 2001/2002 should be significantly less, simply because of the Economy.

Keeping all of this in mind, I'd be quite optimistic.

What's the situation for LC in Colorado?

Hi, I get a potential job offer in Colorado. How is the situation for LC here. Is it moving fast here? Thanks.

Thanks

Hi, Hexamon-
I can tell the non-RIR gets stuck by 245(i), how about the RIR case, how long has it stayed in March 2002? Thanks.

ycning,

like I said, look at the archives. Go to homepage (immigration.com) and you can look at processing times for the last year or so. That should give you some idea.

BTW, it is almost May, darn it, has anybody (after April01) heard from Colorado SESA?

Thanks,

Hexamon,

I dont see any progress for the Non-RIR that we may see the updates in a day or two....If you see the reply against the Labor Backlog petition by Immigraiton.com, seems it will take a long time. Hmmmm....I think, I will wait two more months...If nothing happens, maybe better switch to RIR (Better take this risk, instead to wait tooooooo long). For me it is a 22 months of wait as of today. Please let me know what do u think.

Colorado SESA Time for RIR

Hello all,
I work in Colorado and I filed for my labor under EB2/RIR in June 02. Do any of you know when it has a chance of being approved?
Will it then go to Dallas or Denver for DOL ? I have heard conflicting responses with regard to my RIR case.

Thanks,