Color or Black-and-White photocopies?

redbaron

Registered Users (C)
hi,

I am going to apply for OCI at the New York consulate. Are we required to send color photocopies of the Naturalization certificate, US passport and Indian passport or the driver license or just Black-and-White photocopies are fine?

Thanks

Thanks rajeshbhagwat.

I am going to send B/W photocopies to be on the safer side of not breaking any regulations w.r.t to making color copies of the NC and PP. I just wanted to avoid any delays in my OCI processing in the event CGI said they required a more recognizable (facial) copy in the document. I looked up rules and regulations regarding what can be done, what is correct/incorrect in regards to making/sending a color photocopy, but it's extremely confusing and unclear as what is for personal/official use. Let me see how it goes. As long the picture in the B/W copy is clear and recognizable, it is fine.

Making color copies of the NC is fine. USCIS told us this at the Naturalization Ceremony. "First thing you do after you sign your naturalization certificate is to make a copy of it and store it separate from the original"
But, if you don't have access to free color copies, B/W will do