Color copies of Bio Graphic page of Passport

KRakesh

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone received an rfe requiring to provide color copy of biographic page from passport. My lawyer says only Nabraska is asking all this stupid things. :confused:

Also How much time does it take for online message to update. Because my lawyer says they received rfe last week and I saw message update today saying rfe sent on Sep 3rd. Will it be another one or same.

Thanks
Rakesh

Yes, I remember there was an earlier post on color photo copies for passport.

Funnily, when this person went to Kinkos (or one of the major copying centers), they refused to take a color photocopy saying they have a directive from the DHS not to take color copies of passports!!

Govt's left hand sure doesn't know what its right hand is doing, huh?

But you should be able to take it if not in Kinkos, maybe in your public library!

Thanks Frodo

Thanks fordo for letting me know. I will go to staples and see, or else I think I will just scan and print it using my scanner and printer.

Rakesh

KRakesh ,
Can you provide some more information about your RFE? Was it for the 485 filing, EAD first time/renewal filing etc

Thanks!

I think its for 485 filling

I am sending my papers for EAD today. I am still on h1. SO I think its 485 related.

Rakesh

You can send Black & White

I had the same Issue when i had rfe on my EAD. They asked color but it is hard to get color copy. I sent clear black & white copy , got approved without any problem. I know kinkos does not do color copy for passport or driver license.

I heard about this before and to be on the safe side I did color copies at my work for applying the 2nd EAD Renewal and also I have sent color copies of passport, Birth Certificates, Affadavits and all when I first applied my I-485 in September of 2002. Hope they won't send any other RFE on that.

We went to do color copy of our driver's license per our lawyer's request at Kinko and got yelled at because it is suppoed to be illegal to make color copies of any sort of ID including passport. The old grumpy man showed us the handbooka dn told us to do ti at our own risk. How skrewy is the law system here!

This is ironical. If you go to Kinkos there's a warning by the color copier that federal law prohibits you from taking color copies of passport, IDs etc - there is a whole laundry list there and here you have a federal agency asking you to violate it.

I had no problem for Color copies at Kinkos in Springfield,NJ (on rt 22). If you live in NJ and if possible go there. This guy had a sceptic look but I showed him the RFE I got and he was OK .