• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CN (AS 3xxx) - Wedding in May 2012

violette

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!

I have been selected for further processing and my CN is AS 3xxx. I got engaged to my fiance (previously boyfriend of 7 years) in May 2011 and we are planning to get married in May 2012.

I have yet to send my forms to KCC because I'm confused on whether:

- Should I submit it A.S.A.P, go to the interview & update the KCC on my marriage after May 2012?

or

- Should I submit my forms and my fiance's after the wedding in May 2012?

Thanks guys. Will really appreciate your help.

which country are u from.
engaged legally with cert 2011 or 2012 then u will be issue the cert?

which country are u from.
engaged legally with cert 2011 or 2012 then u will be issue the cert?

I'm from Malaysia. Malaysia does not issue an engagement certificate to engaged couples, just marriage certificate. In my case, I will be getting the marriage cert after my wedding ceremony in May 2012.

Hi guys!

I have been selected for further processing and my CN is AS 3xxx. I got engaged to my fiance (previously boyfriend of 7 years) in May 2011 and we are planning to get married in May 2012.

- Should I submit it A.S.A.P, go to the interview & update the KCC on my marriage after May 2012?

or

You have a very low case number and according to the visa bulletin you will be current in October. You need to send in your forms ASAP.

As far as your fiance goes, unfortunately, he will not qualify (unless he is a US citizen or resident) unless you are legally married (in which case you will need to file your forms with updated marriage status and a separate form for him).

Hi guys!

or

I think you have three options, but two of them probably will not be good for you.
1. You send your docs now and get interviewed in October-November, but your fiancée will not qualify. So this is not good
2. You get married now and then send all docs and have your interview together with your husband, and both of you get a visa. You will probably have to prove that your marriage was genuine during an interview since they seem to question all new marriages.
3. You wait until May, get married an send the docs then, but I do not know if this is going to be too late for KCC to process them. You need to search for similar cases on the net.
I guess if your wedding date is flexible you can re-schedule it for earlier date, if not I do not know what to advise you.

You have a very low case number and according to the visa bulletin you will be current in October. You need to send in your forms ASAP.

As far as your fiance goes, unfortunately, he will not qualify (unless he is a US citizen or resident) unless you are legally married (in which case you will need to file your forms with updated marriage status and a separate form for him).

Thank you for your help, Firi.

I think you have three options, but two of them probably will not be good for you.
1. You send your docs now and get interviewed in October-November, but your fiancée will not qualify. So this is not good
2. You get married now and then send all docs and have your interview together with your husband, and both of you get a visa. You will probably have to prove that your marriage was genuine during an interview since they seem to question all new marriages.
3. You wait until May, get married an send the docs then, but I do not know if this is going to be too late for KCC to process them. You need to search for similar cases on the net.
I guess if your wedding date is flexible you can re-schedule it for earlier date, if not I do not know what to advise you.

Thank you so much Sympli Dusty. That was very helpful!

Thank you so much Sympli Dusty. That was very helpful!

I think you are making a BIG mistake of waiting till May 2012, cause after that there are only 4 months left of the fiscal year. Why not mary now ( only sign the papers and get the wedding certificate) and after that in May as scheduled you can hav ethe whole ceremony, a lot of people do that, especially when there is so much to risk about if you wait so late.

Hi guys!

or