Cmplicated I-485, Need Help

Jidu

Registered Users (C)
My priority date is current now. But my wife is not willing to help me at the time of interview. She has not filed for divorce in this country, she atated herself as single at the time of her interview for citizenship couple months ago.
The online case status check shows 'my interview schedule has been cancelled, I will be notified if it is rescheduled'.
Currently, I am in school now. I need to stay in this country 8 more months to complete my study. My EAD will expire in July 2006. My I-130 was approved in 2001.
I am in Michigan now for my school. My address with INS is in NJ where my wife lives.
Please advice me how can I proceed?
Please also help me find a good lawyer in Central Michgan area.

My friend ....

If they have cancel your interview schedule , there is a big chance that your case would be approuve regardless of the interview . Please can you show us some detail on your case as from the beginning till the end .

We got married in Aug 1999 back in our country. She came to US (alone) with DV visa in the same year. Then she applied for me. I-130 approved in Feb 2002. I entered in this country in Sept 2003. I filed I-485 in oct 2004 in NJ.

I had a very good life back in country. I can't go back without my degree. Please help me.

philaug28 said:
If they have cancel your interview schedule , there is a big chance that your case would be approuve regardless of the interview .

philaug28,
What kind of information do you have to support this statement?

Jidu said:
My priority date is current now. But my wife is not willing to help me at the time of interview. She has not filed for divorce in this country, she atated herself as single at the time of her interview for citizenship couple months ago.
The online case status check shows 'my interview schedule has been cancelled, I will be notified if it is rescheduled'.
Currently, I am in school now. I need to stay in this country 8 more months to complete my study. My EAD will expire in July 2006. My I-130 was approved in 2001.
I am in Michigan now for my school. My address with INS is in NJ where my wife lives.

To check regarding lawyer visit http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=12621

Jidu said:

If you just want to stay 8 more months in the US. With your EAD expired July next year. It should not be a problem. Right now the interview is not scheduled, once it scheduled, you can choose not going because your wife will not go with you. Then your case might be rejected. Even if your case is rejected, you can claim that you did not recieve the notice then do applealing and reschedule it. As long as you kept applealing, then you are here legally. As long as you guys have not formally divorced. You can find an immigration lawyer in your city yellow page. Good luck.

The time between the rejection (if it's rejected) and file for the appeal he will be in proceedings not authorize to stay.