Cmpany name change, EAD/AP aprvd, 140 RFE cmpltd in Aprl04 and shd clr anytime now.

rcodavali

Registered Users (C)
HI,

My status
LC for GC approved.
EAD/AP approved.
Finger Printing completed in April04.
RD/ND for 140/484 Oct 7th 2004.
140 RFE received and completed in April04.
USCIS acknowledged 140 RFE.
140 should be approved anytime now.(still waiting).

In this situation if the name of my company changes say in another 1-2 months, are there any implications towards my 140/485? Do I need to do or be ready for anything?

UN (or anyone with right info), please help me.

thanks
-Raj

I am not switching companies.....I guess due to some legal issues regarding some kind of aquisition my current company might undergo a name change...(might not be the name of the partner company ..might be a totally new name)...

I am hoping my 140 approves before this name change. In either case it looks like I dont need to do anything now. I will ask more details when the name change occurs and we can then go from there depending on the 140 approval status?..correct?.

thanks a lot
-Raj

Hi

Hi United Nations.
You are spending lot your precious time in helping the people.
I sincerely appreciate your help. You are one of the best.
With every best wish

unitednations said:

Company getting acquired.

My Company is in the process of getting acquired and my I140 is nowhere close to being approved. I140ND: 04/12/2004.

Would I have to go through the entire I140 process again??

I am not in any risk of losing my job and the new parent company (Pretty big in the UK) is not discussing anything regarding immigration before the acqusition is approved by the US regulatory board.

Any thoughts/input appreciated.

hi UN,

my status again:
LC for GC approved.
EAD/AP approved.
Finger Printing completed in April04.
RD/ND for 140/484 Oct 7th 2004.
140 RFE received and completed in April04.
USCIS acknowledged 140 RFE.
140 should be approved anytime now.(still waiting), LUD for 140/485 is Sep 21 2004.
My Company is about to change to a TOTALLY NEW NAME.(kind of a spining into a new entity).

Now
1. If the Name change occurs before my 140/484 is approved: I will ammend the 140/485.
Correct?
OR Do I just wait and not inform INS as I am not expecting any 140 RFE and 140 should be approved anytime.

2. If the Name change occurs after my 140 is approved and 485 still pending: I dont need to worry may be I need to ammend the approved 140 or invoke ac21(BTW what does this mean?)
Correct?

3. If the Name change occurs after my 140 and 485 is approved(though not yet received the actual notice in writing): I dont need to worry abt anything.
Correct?

In case# 1, do I need to use my current EAD as my H1-B indicates the old name. OR will there be a supporting documentation that will validate the link between my H1-B company(old name) and the new name (becos the pay check from then onwards will be on the new name) that will avoid filing a new H1-B (also avoid informing INS reg. my emply change).

In case # 2 I know that I can use my current EAD.

In case # 3 I know that I can use my current EAD.

Basically I am very concerned about this spin OFF effect on my 140/485.(no one is disclosing any info in the company I guess I will know the details only when it acutally happens and I hope that the transformation will be smooth for me like w/o H1-B issues).

BTW these ammendments/invoking ac21, do they need to be done by my lawyer or can I do it along with my employer.

Who will receive the approval notice for 140/485 my lawyer, my employer or my resisdence.

thanks a lot
-Raj