Club 2007

want2bPR

Registered Users (C)
Any one recently applied for AOS ( as of 2007 ) ???
Interested in sharing those experiences/case progress??

I'll start by saying that I have recently applied for adjustment of status and I have received nothing except a letter from USCIS as shown bellow. I hope, we all rockies have a great luck on our applications. May the force be with all of us.

Receipt Number: LIN0123456789
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case received and pending. :)

Hey which address did u guys send the aos package want to join the 07 bandwagon. please provide the full mailing address

Hey which address did u guys send the aos package want to join the 07 bandwagon. please provide the full mailing address

Depends where you live

Read instruction for 485 form it says
That you must filed with your local office

Do you mean I-485 decision?

Aos08, Do you mean I-485 decision? That would be too good to believe!!:)

I was told (in the interview) that once my own asylum status is granted, the 485 case will be sent back to Nebraska center. My understanding is it will be treated as same as other 2007 club members.

oae0399, yours is fast. It looks like you are on your way
to PR soon because the decision is made in your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where you live

Read instruction for 485 form it says
That you must filed with your local office

Shadow, you are wrong.
AOS based on asylum has to be filed with Nebraska Service Center. I dont have the address right now, BUT IT IS FOR SURE NSC. No local offices...
Once NSC receives your package you will receive a receipt from either NSC or TSC...

Local offices are for other types of I-485s... like relative petition and all others....

Aos08, Do you mean I-485 decision? That would be too good to believe!!:)

I was told (in the interview) that once my own asylum status is granted, the 485 case will be sent back to Nebraska center. My understanding is it will be treated as same as other 2007 club members.

They decide right way in your interview. The only reason Nebraska center
transferred you to a local office was because they couldn't reach a decision
based on the conditions of your case. Now assuming that you are not
stuck in name check, you should recieve your GC soon becuse
their remaining job is to produce a plastic card for you.

They decide right way in your interview. The only reason Nebraska center
transferred you to a local office was because they couldn't reach a decision
based on the conditions of your case. Now assuming that you are not
stuck in name check, you should recieve your GC soon becuse
their remaining job is to produce a plastic card for you.

I am afraid to tell that you MAY be wrong.
I believe that the reason his case got transfered to a local office was to get "his own asylum" (Nuc Pro Tunc) meaning that he either aged out or got divorce from the principal applicat.

In the local office (which i think is an asylum office), they will approve his own asylum, then, that office will send his "case" back to NSC so his adjusment of status resumes its process.... so it wont be a Green Card adjudication in that interview....

NOW, if the applicant neither aged out, nor divorce from the principal, then... YOU MAY GET YOUR APPROVAL RIGHT THERE...

gOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
I am afraid to tell that you MAY be wrong.
I believe that the reason his case got transfered to a local office was to get "his own asylum" (Nuc Pro Tunc) meaning that he either aged out or got divorce from the principal applicat.

In the local office (which i think is an asylum office), they will approve his own asylum, then, that office will send his "case" back to NSC so his adjusment of status resumes its process.... so it wont be a Green Card adjudication in that interview....

NOW, if the applicant neither aged out, nor divorce from the principal, then... YOU MAY GET YOUR APPROVAL RIGHT THERE...

gOOD LUCK

Ok. Nuc Pro Tunc is basically a waste of time for everybody. Do you know that some Nuc Pro Tunc applicants recieve their GCs without interviews.Tranfering one case to a local office is different than asking for a Bio3 to be done. The bottom line is they wouldn't transfer your case to an asylum office if it is not ripen for a decision.

Address to send AOS and RTD

jojos, this is the address I used to send my AOS application, concurrently with a request for RTD.

USCIS NSC
P.O. Box 87485
Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

I got that info from the NSC website.

Dates Look Promissing for 2007 Applicants

When cheking this USCIS site, I found processing dates that
look promissing for current AOS applicants. I hope they really meet
their expectations.

Date Received (Mail Date)==>Timeframe to be Processed
On or before June 30, 2005 ==>June 1, 2007
July 1, 2005-March 31, 2007==>September 30, 2007 :)
On or after April 1, 2007==>Within 6 months of receipt
:)

I hope so, but it's been discussed in the 2006 club thread and so far it doesn't seem they can keep up with their words.

When cheking this USCIS site, I found processing dates that
look promissing for current AOS applicants. I hope they really meet
their expectations.

Date Received (Mail Date)==>Timeframe to be Processed
On or before June 30, 2005 ==>June 1, 2007
July 1, 2005-March 31, 2007==>September 30, 2007 :)
On or after April 1, 2007==>Within 6 months of receipt
:)