close to filing..need help with several questions.

HeadKi55

Registered Users (C)
hey all, i'll be sending in my package on friday but i have several questions...please answer all u can.
in form i-130 question 22 it asks where the alien will be adjusting status. should i put the regional ins office(bloomington,mn in my case), or the chicago office?

we have a joint sponsor. do they figure out how much he makes by his last tax transcripts or by how much he currently make. our joint sponsor's last job wasnt very high paying and it shows in his transcripts but he got a new job in january and makes a whole lot more. i hope they go by his current earnings.

what is an A number? i came in as F1 and i dont think i have one. any help?

and finally i find myself worrying about how to put the whole package together. do i put each form (i-485, i-130, i-765..medical and ead forms) in ther seperate envelopes and put everything in on large envelope and mail it, with the checks in the corresponding envelope? or do i just seperate the forms with clips and not put them in envelopes? and where can i find a cover letter. thx for all the help.

1. what is an A number? i came in as F1 and i dont think i have one. any help?

A # is your application number. It will appear on your I-485 Notice of Action receipt when you file.
In the blank where it ask for your A# put "NONE"

2.we have a joint sponsor. do they figure out how much he makes by his last tax transcripts or by how much he currently make. our joint sponsor's last job wasnt very high paying and it shows in his transcripts but he got a new job in january and makes a whole lot more. i hope they go by his current earnings.

2005 taxes. However, you are filing late in the 2006 year so by the time you get your interview, your sponsor can submit his 2006 tax transcripts because I am told that the I-864 is determined at the interview. Some people don't submit it with the inital filing, but I suggest you do.
I am not sure about this. Anyone out there with any insight to this please??? 3.in

3. form i-130 question 22 it asks where the alien will be adjusting status. should i put the regional ins office(bloomington,mn in my case), or the chicago office?

Your local district office

4. and finally i find myself worrying about how to put the whole package together. do i put each form (i-485, i-130, i-765..medical and ead forms) in ther seperate envelopes and put everything in on large envelope and mail it, with the checks in the corresponding envelope? or do i just seperate the forms with clips and not put them in envelopes? and where can i find a cover letter. thx for all the help.

Here is the website:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

Cover Letter
I-130 w/documents,photos 325-A (US citizen)
I-465 w/documents, photos 325-A (alien)
I-864
I-693 (sealed envelope from civil surgeon)
I-131 (optiona)
I-765 photos

One Large Envelope is fine. Write on the outside "Original Submission"

HeadKi55 said:
we have a joint sponsor. do they figure out how much he makes by his last tax transcripts or by how much he currently make. our joint sponsor's last job wasnt very high paying and it shows in his transcripts but he got a new job in january and makes a whole lot more. i hope they go by his current earnings.

what is an A number? i came in as F1 and i dont think i have one. any help?

I remember I put my current pay stub...and also taxes from the prev year. I would add a note on the affidavit...for example say $40k per year based on current income (see attached stub)...taxes show $20k. They'll catch it.

The A number i thought was the Alien number...but you wouldn't have one

Good luck.

machelon said:
I remember I put my current pay stub...and also taxes from the prev year. I would add a note on the affidavit...for example say $40k per year based on current income (see attached stub)...taxes show $20k. They'll catch it.

The A number i thought was the Alien number...but you wouldn't have one

Good luck.

Quick question, do we need to submitt original Pay Stubs for last 6 months or just a copy for last 6 months is fine ??
Nationality: Indian
H-1B married to USC
live in New York State
I-130 mailed: 09/23/06
RD: 09/25/06 - Day 002
ND: I-130 : 09/26/06 - Day 003
Checks cashed: 09/28/06 - Day 005

Will file this week the following :
I-485 & I-765 ( + Medical and I-864 ) This week