Cleveland - Local INS issueing EAD?

PTL

Registered Users (C)
Could somebody tell me whether I can directly goto Cleveland local INS to get my EAD ?. If yes, what are all the documents do i need to carry ?.
Help need plz.

Thanks

EAD from Cleveland INS

Yes... you can get the EAD card on the same day at the local INS office in Cleveland. All you need is a copy of the I485 receipt notice, your passport, I765 application and a personal check for $100.00 made out to "Immigration and Naturalization Service".

When I got the EAD, I had reached the office at around 8:10 AM (they open at 8:00 AM), there were like 20 people ahead of me. After submitting the paperwork( passport, I765 application, copy of I485 receipt notice, personal check for 100 bucks), I was asked to go to another room and wait until my name was called. I was then led to another room where a person took my photograph and within minutes after that handed me back my passport and an EAD card valid till next year. I was out by 10:00AM. The whole process took less than 2 hours. The people working at the counters were very polite.

But mind you..... go on Tuesdays only.... they issue EAD cards on Tuesdays only. This is true for Cleveland\'s local INS office. I don\'t know about other cities....

Let me know if you need more info...

Later

bkcgey

Go TRIBE !!!!

No Title

BKCGEY,
Thanks for the message. Can you confirm that employed based applicants could get the EAD at Cleveland INS? since my lawyer told me that only family based applicants could get EAD at local INS office, or people whose file have been transferred to local INS. Besides, can you let me know the address of Cleveland local INS?

Thanks a lot,

I have same question. Does anyone whose485 is employment based got ead/ap from cleveland local INS?

yellowandgreen, you can find ins address from ins website by selecting your location from the map. The cleveland ins office is located in the corner of east 9th st. and lake avenue, i do not know the building#, but ask anyone around that area will let you know which one is the Federal Building.
Once you get your ead, would you post your experience? I am in the same boat, but you RD and ND is ealier than mine.

Yes....

Yes...

My I485 is employment based.... EB3(RIR), actually I am still on a H1B. I got my EAD from Cleveland INS... however I don\'t know about AP
though....

Later

bkcgey

Thanks "bkcgey" for your Great response

Thanks bkcgey for your Great response. I really appreciate it. Greate information.

People should share information like "bkcgey" did.

AP in Cleveland!

I got my employment based EAD and AP from Cleveland INS - only thing you got to mail them the forms. And AP comes back to you by mail too. Used AP to go to India. On return - it was cool at Detroit - they take you inside and stamp on the AP.

hi bkcgey, small question to you

Hi bkcgey,

R u sure that you don\'t need the original 485 notice in cleveland office. I am waiting for EAD (from VSC) and its three months my RD. I want to go to cleveland office (i live in cleveland) and get the EAD. please reply if you know the details.

thanks
sunny

Copy of I485 receipt notice will do ....

Yep....

Copy of I485 receipt notice along with other stuff that I had mentioned in my earlier email will be sufficient to get the EAD....
make sure to go on Tuesdays.....

Let me know if you need more info....

bkcgey

Can one get AP and EAD in Cleveland???

I was under the impression that only EAD can be got from the CLeveland INS office. Anyone who has obtained AP from INS cleveland , please explain process and time period to get AP.

Thanks