Cleared..... Cleared.... Thank God

annoosa

Registered Users (C)
FBI NC Cleared..... Cleared.... Thank God

:) :) :)

I just got the information that my FBI name check has cleared...... thank God... it was the worst nightmare.... i dont know if it was from the letter that my employer sent or me bugging them or what.... but the thing i know for sure is that if we wouldent have done something, my case would have been draged 2 more yrs..

Thank you God... thank you :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
First i went to an infopass apt. and they told me that my husband's name check is clear and mine is not.... so i made my employer write a letter and sent it to FBI, TSC, and the CIS Ombudsman.... the letter was saying that I work for an organization that ownes more than 12 dental offices.... and that I am cuurently on H-1B, I am the only Pediatric Dentist in the company, and that I mainely See medicaid patients (help the community type thing)... and I am the only one in 30 mile redius...... and if they did not expedite, then we will not be able to help the children of our community....

So I fedex them all to all 3 locations and also faxed them (CIS I faxed them also a request to expedite).... I really dont know if they made any difference... but

2 days later (last Tuseday) my employer called Director Hooton's office... His secretary answered (she is not the nicest person) and we asked her what is happening with the letter and if they got it... she said "we have nothing to do with name check... we are not accepting any more phone calles and I have nothing to help u with"... so the manager of my office told he "but u know she is the only pedo we have and we are really worried" the secretary then said "u know I will connect u to someone that can help u"... so she connected us to a lday called Sandra....she asked to speak to me directly.... so she told me "I understand U are a suject of name check?" I said yes.. she took my information and said she will call me with the information.... 15 min later she called and told me that my name check is pending...I was busy and I couldent ask her more questions...

The next day I called Hooton's office and asked them to connect me to Sandra... so I asked her since when my name was pending?... and she told me 11/23... then I asked her am I in the backlog or I might be cleared soon?... she said "no u r in the backlog" ... that is when I told her "I don't understand why... I am a female, Dentist, have 3 kids (2 of them where bron here), and nither me nor any of my family had any military or political activity, plus that I have a very very uncommon first and last name... and I also come from a country that probably has no immigrants in the US at all but me....I guess she sympathised with me and she told me "I will try to do look up ur file but I will not promise u that u will get cleared"......

I called again today to ask and they transfered me to her... she told me that my file was closed last wednesday and it will take 2 weeks for the information to get to CIS.....

So I really don't know if it was my call to Sandra or the letters or what????.... all what i can tell u guyes that if u have a good excuse... don't sit and waite.... I would have been stuck for years.....and every single advice I got from people was to waite...... DO NOT WAITE.........go and fight for ur things.....they will get done...

Anoosa,
How can your name check be pending from 11/23, if your fingerprinting day is 12/28??? I thought name check follows fingerprinting...

This is what I have been trying to explain to every one here... ur name check has nothing to do with FP.....

when u do FP they check ur FP for criminal record regardless of ur name...

but, do u remeber the 4 pages biographic data that u fill with ur I-485... this is what initiates ur name check... so basicall when u submit ur application, they send that page that has ur full name & DOB and parents names and DOB's and ur address for the last 5 yrs..... this is why it is faster to get FP cleared since there is one set of PF's for each person but with name check they have to check ur name and any similar names.......

so back to my case... my RD is 11/14.... so they started NC on 11/23... almost 10 days after....and the lady at FBI told me that i cleared on 01/11 and that it will be 2 weeks before it posts at CIS system (kind of the same time frame)

Thanks for clarification, Annoosa. Keep us informed how that affects your I-485...
That kind of sucks... To complete NC you or your employer must raise the alarm at FBI or Senator level!
So the first step is to make infopath appointment and check with immigration officer (hopefully nice person) about your NC... Did immigration officer told you right away about the status, or his first sentence was "What the heck do you want? All the info is on the website!"? :)

ya ya... the infopass officer tells u... not only that after spending 1.5 hrs driving to miami to check the status of my NC i found out that i have been able to find the status of my NC from the service center by phone... just call the 800# and do the trick that connects u to your service center... they will tell u... I have been calling daily to check on my status... and now i will be calling mor often to find out when will my clearence post (I can be annoying when i want something done :rolleyes:)

Hi annoossa;
Congratulations on your name check being cleared.

Let's hope that your approval will come soon.

andy

andy garcia said:
Hi annoossa;
Congratulations on your name check being cleared.

Let's hope that your approval will come soon.

andy

Thanks andy... whish u all the luck too...

Hi!
it's still unclear why we need to do a name check again that only causes delay in our application...

Does anyone know if our namecheck procedure + ( Fingerprints/ biometrics) is different from the visa namecheck at the NVC?

Thanks a lot!

Congrats Annoosa,
I would like to know the FAX # to USCIS? Who is Ombudsman? What Sandra's full name?

Thank you,
Hammad Khan.

khanhammad said:
Congrats Annoosa,
I would like to know the FAX # to USCIS? Who is Ombudsman? What Sandra's full name?

Thank you,
Hammad Khan.

The Fax # to USCIS TSC on the USCIS website and it is 214-962-2632

The Ombudsman is someone in the USCIS that is supposed to take care of issues concerning immigrants.... but contacting him according to my experience and to what a read about others is a waste of time... so dont bother......

In the FBI call the numbers here on this website... I usually called Director Hootons office... but his secretary decided to transfere me to her....

babyluck said:
Can you please post the 800 number for VSC.

thanks

The 800# is the same for all centers... just call it and use any trick to connect u to the VSC... like the "ur files got separated trick" or the trick i use but dialing 1.. then 2... then 4... the 2... then they will ask u about ur reciept #...after u enter it.... choose option 1 "if u need more information or to speak to an officer"

steel2005 said:
Annoosa,
Please check ypur private message.
Thanks

i dont know how to attach a word document or convert it to a PDF so i will Just post the FBI letter templete here:

January 05, 2006

President
…………….. Corporation
Address
……………
Office Phone: …………………..
Cellular: …………………….

To: Director William L Hooton
Assistant Director
Records Management Division
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington DC 20535-0001

RE: Request to Expedite Name Check Processing For Dr. …………….
Full Name: ………………..
USCIS Alien Number: A………………..
Date of Birth: …………….
Place of Birth: ………………….
Address: ………………………….

Dear Director Hooton,

…………. Dental Group of …………. is one of ten other dental practices owned and managed by our organization in south Florida. This practice is unique in that it serves the highest volume of children treated by our organization, since 90% of its patient population is under the age of 18. The majority of the patients served in ………… are patients covered by Florida Medicaid. It is the only practice serving children in the city of .............

Dr. …………….. is a Female citizen of …………... She has been working for our organization since 2004 as the main full time Pediatric Dentist at ……….. Dental Group of …………... We filled a petition for permanent residence with the USCIS for Dr. …………… so that she could become a permanent resident and continue to help us serve children of our community. Upon inquiring on the status of her application, we were informed by USCIS that the approval of Dr. ………… petition for permanent residence is only pending FBI Name Check.

The purpose of my letter is to seek your help in expediting the processing of ……………….. Name Check, since the delay in processing Dr. ……………. approval for permanent residence will have a negative impact on her ability to work for our organization and thus will jeopardize our overall ability to serve the children of our community.

Dr. ………… is the Pediatric Dentist we depend on solely for treating children in ……….. Dental group of …………... I would really appreciate any help you can provide us with to expedite her name check clearance.

Sincerely,

…………….., DDS
President

Hey Annoosa,

I called Hooton's office and the lady was very rude to me, i asked that i needed to talk to someone regarding my name check and she said they don't handle that and that I should call USCIS. Do you please tell me what you said or how you approached the conversation?? I also called the FBI Name Check main line and the lady there was also rude. Any suggestions.......
Thank you,

Hammad Khan.

khanhammad said:
Hey Annoosa,

I called Hooton's office and the lady was very rude to me, i asked that i needed to talk to someone regarding my name check and she said they don't handle that and that I should call USCIS. Do you please tell me what you said or how you approached the conversation?? I also called the FBI Name Check main line and the lady there was also rude. Any suggestions.......
Thank you,

Hammad Khan.

I know... I have said that erlier that she is extremely not nice..... but I reall was not the one who called her... my employer was the one that did... and first she was rud too.... but after she told her thatI am the only doctor and we really need it she transferred us... if u just want to know the status of ur name check... just call the 800# and do the trick that connects u to ur service center directly... I have been doing it every day and they always tell me... mostly officers answer these calls... look in my previous posting on how to connect directly to the center... and the was one more trick that used look for it also here on this forum...

annoosa said:
The 800# is the same for all centers... just call it and use any trick to connect u to the VSC... like the "ur files got separated trick" or the trick i use but dialing 1.. then 2... then 4... the 2... then they will ask u about ur reciept #...after u enter it.... choose option 1 "if u need more information or to speak to an officer"

Ohh thankyou very much for the details.
Butsorry, I don't know the generic USCIS number as well.
Can you please give me the complete 800 number, and will use the trick you explained above.

thanks a lot

babyluck said:
Ohh thankyou very much for the details.
Butsorry, I don't know the generic USCIS number as well.
Can you please give me the complete 800 number, and will use the trick you explained above.

thanks a lot

Its on the USCIS website...its (800) 375 – 5283