clearance check

davli024

Registered Users (C)
hi, friends:

I just got a formal letter from INS saying that my application is still waiting for FBI name check result. my application has been pending over 600 days and my rfe response was received 3 and half months ago, I can't help wondering whether my case is really under name check or it is just lying somewhere collecting dust. is it alright to call FBI to find out the truth? does any one know which number I should call?

any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

BTW: what would be the right time to apply EAD renewal?

thanks a ton and best luck to everyone!!!

A good time to apply for EAD

renewal would be about 4 months before expiration. I had applied about 60 days before my H1 was about to expire (my unused EAD had expired about 4 months prior to that), and I had to scramble to reapply for an H1B renewal which was received just in the nick of time. My renewed EAD came after a lapse of about 100 days (including the time it took them to send me an RFE for proof of having filed for and/or approval of I-140).

please give me some input, anyone....

I really need some expertise on whether I could call FBI to find out the status of my name check, please...........

Thanks a lotttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davli024,
You can call the FBI # (304)625-5590. Press opton 4. They should be able to give you details of your case.
Thanks
Kaa

yeah, positive

'cause I have called the FBI regarding the finger print and they have sent back the result to INS on the same day when my finger print was taken.

the original words from INS is: " your case is pending for the result of FBI name check, blah, blah...."

davli, talk to your lawyer, have him approach the INS regarding this case. There is no reason why this should take so long when the feds have already told you they've sent the results back the same day. Which means it came out without any hits.

So INS cannot claim your case is being delayed due to background check simply because the people who are supposed to conduct the background/finger print check has already done their job!