Class B (TB Inactive) Follow-up

jiang

Registered Users (C)
Wondering when the follow-up will come up? We got our visas and entered the country in October, 2002 and received our Green Card plastics in November. The consulate official put my wife's X-ray into a sealed envelope and asked us to present it to the border office. But the border immigration officer told us to hold on the x-ray and somebody from the local publich health department will contact us. But so far we did hear anything from anybody.

Wondering if there is any legal complications we may run into down the road if it turned out nobody contacts us. At the border, I specifically asked the official: who should initiate the contact. He said the INS will inform the local publich health that in turn will contact us.

Wondering if anybody has a similar case. What's your solution.

Thanks.

Jiang

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you are. I entered in Jan. I was diagnosed with Class 2 TB and was told that I need to do a follow-up in 6 months. Now do you know what are the implications of this??

Thanks,

Srini

No further info

You at least know they want you to do it in 6 months. Do they tell you where to go?

Ours, we don't have any information on anything. The actual green card my wife got has the same validity as mine (10 yrs).

Hope somebody has already gone through the process and can shed some light on how INS and the US public health handle the cases.

Thanks.

Jiang

Jiang,

After emailing you, I spoke to my lawyer. This is the essence of our conversation.

I was asked to do a follow-up by my doctor in India and the INS official at POE did not tell me anything. All he did was handover the X-ray. I communicated this to my lawyer. She said that this issue is now out of INS purview and all I have to do is go to my physician and have it checked just to be on the safer side. If in case, the INS chooses to ask you at a later point in time, you can show these records. She thinks that the INS will not follow-up on this.

Srini

Thanks, Srini

Srini,
I think that is best approach. In case of no contact from either INS or US Public Health, I'll have my wife do a follow-up just for record.

Thanks.

Jiang

Originally posted by raji_needs_GC
Jiang,

After emailing you, I spoke to my lawyer. This is the essence of our conversation.

I was asked to do a follow-up by my doctor in India and the INS official at POE did not tell me anything. All he did was handover the X-ray. I communicated this to my lawyer. She said that this issue is now out of INS purview and all I have to do is go to my physician and have it checked just to be on the safer side. If in case, the INS chooses to ask you at a later point in time, you can show these records. She thinks that the INS will not follow-up on this.

Srini

About 5 years ago I had TB and I took the tratment for 6 months. The doc told me that I was cured. Before coming to US( 3 years back) I cheked with the doc again and he reassured me that I was cured. I have to take medical for 485 now. My concern is if the test is +ve in both skin and chest X ray ( because the virus may become active again. ) will my case be denied? Or will the INS continue processing my case and MAY ask for proof of medication? Or is it some other way that INS works?

Please advice.