Class action lawsuit against the VSC

VSC/485

Registered Users (C)
Attached below is an e-mail exchange I had with Mr.Khanna regarding this discussion. I think someone started this a couple of days back. Please post your willingness to join in reply to this message. If we can gather a critical mass, maybe > 30 people we can probably get together enough people to talk to Mr.Khanna to file an action similar to the dalewarner suit against the CSC.

E-mail exchange follows:

We will be happy to.

At 12:38 AM 6/11/2000 -0400, you wrote:
    Dear Mr.Khanna:
A bunch of people have been having a discussion on your I-485 chat board
(old) about filing a class action lawsuit against the VSC similar to the
one recently filed by the DaleWarner lawfirm against the CSC. Most of
these people filed their I-485s with the VSC in the late 98 to early 99
timeframe. Would you be interested in taking up something like this?
Would appreciate a reply.

No Title

Yes I would join you guys for Lawsuit against VSC I -485 delays..

No Title

I would also join. Thank you all for the initiative.

INS said 180-360 days in the I-485 receipt. Very soon it will be a year and I don\'t think INS would have done anything by then. But, don\'t I need to give them 360 days at least?

EB2, ND: Aug 25, 1999; PD: Aug 1998; FP Done.

No Title

When we applied for I-485 in Mar 1999 (EB-2 INDIA), the automated message says "this kind of case is taking between 90 and 180 days to precess..". Still the automated message says the same. Now our application is pending for more then 15 months...

There is no meaning of time estimates given by INS...

(DG)

No Title

Count me in.

i-485: EB2; ND: 2/8/99, FP:6/99

My 2 main complaints are:
1. Our application fee checks have been deposited even before we even got the Receipt notice; which means the monies that was assigned for the purpose has already been depleted/used-up!! Why do they call it an application fee then, when it is not being used for the purpose it was sent and that is to process my application?
2. My H-1B expires Aug 31,00.
(a) - due to wrong information by IIO, had to apply for my first EAD in March 00 (because I needed an Adv. Parole at that time)
(b) - Since Aug 31st is coming fast, and I don\'t see light at the end of the tunnell yet with regards to my I-485, I\'m required to apply for EAD renewal.
This being said, due to INS\' lack of process, I have to shovel-up $200 for 2 EAD\'s, which is again more money in their pocket! In other words, we keep paying more to account for their inefficiency! Do the math for the million+ I-485 applications that are in backlog! They actually have monetary gains by keeping our I-485 longer!

3. This one is minor, still: An officer at "Ask Immigration" told me that I should be getting a letter if my I-485 has stayed with VSC for more than a year. Haven\'t seen anything like that.

With the current job market being so hot, especially in the technical area, I feel that we immigrants are deprived of the opportunity to "grow" in today\'s market, because we have to stay with the employer for the entire duration of the GC process. As we all know, people\'s paychecks have grown phenomenally, when they have changed jobs, given similar experiences!